Cornish Game Hen dinner party

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

S-met

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 1, 2019
Nor Cal
Date is still tbd, but our friends are bugging Mr&Mrs S-met to host another adult only formal dinner party. We are thinking about doing a 3 course menu with the main being a cornish hen. We did our first run tonight, wild rice stuffed hen:
Resized_20191124_194503_307873689280257.jpeg
20191124_202633.jpg
20191124_193525.jpg

Next run tentatively scheduled for next weekend with some minor variations. Thinking about SV the birds then crisp the skin under the broiler.

1st and 3rd courses still tbd. Thinking 1st might a pumpkin leek curry soup. 3rd course pondering individual lava cakes or a chocolate mousse.

Looks great. I can't remember the last time we had Hens. Your proposed Menu sounds good. I'd pick the more elegant Molten Cake over Mousse anyday...JJ

Reactions: S-met
What time do we need to be there?
Those look awesome, we love those baby chickens in our house. :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

Just did a couple of them on the rotisserie attachment on my Weber Kettle.
Those little things are killer good!
And yours looks delicious!
Sounds like your planning a perfect meal!
Al

Those looks great I could def put down a plate of that! What did you cook them on?
Oven roasted. Prepped in the morning with an obscenely simple salt, pepper and Saigon cinnamon rub on, under andin. (will do ceylon cinnamon on round 2 as saigon is too sweet)
Roasted @400 for 20 min, then basted every 10 in a reduction Mrs. S-met made (butter, garlic and pomegranate infused molasses) until IT was 160.

Reactions: forktender
Just did a couple of them on the rotisserie attachment on my Weber Kettle.
Those little things are killer good!
And yours looks delicious!
Sounds like your planning a perfect meal!
Al
SmokinAl SmokinAl
Damn Al, those sound killer I need to go buy a rotisserie for my kettle now.
I bet those hens are freak'in amazing rotisserie'd over mesquite wood lump coals.

How many do you think would fit on the rotisserie at a time?

How long do they take approximately with a normal load/ chimney plus a few pounds of coals?

I love making chicken salad out of leftover roasted game hens, for that reason I always have to buy two times more than we need for a meal. I've never even thought about using a rotisserie to cook them, I know how much better Costco rotisserie chicken tastes in my chicken salad, now I'm excited to try it with rotisserie game hens......YUM!!!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky