Corned beef ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buckbros

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 24, 2019
I bought an unfrozen Reuben cured corned beef brisket flat. I cut one end off for corned beef & cabbage which my wife has her own recipe.
I want to do the other part on the pellet grill. Beings how this is already brined, any suggestions for the rub & will I need to soak it to remove some of salt?

Reactions: JLeonard
I would soak it for an hour or two changing water every half hour. Pat dry and rub with ground coriander cracked black pepper and garlic. Then smoke at 250F until probe tender.

Soaking is dependent on the salt content in the beef. I've had some that were salty as all heck, and others that weren't that salty at all. I normally go overnight with water changes every couple of hours while I'm awake. For the rub I'd use a good pastrami rub. There are a few options out there.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky