Corned beef sammies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Got in the mood for a couple corned beef sammies. So I dug up a pack that I made. And whipped a couple up. No build pics, sorry.
I'm a bit weird with how I make them though. I don't add the thousand island dressing while cooking them. I just have a bowl of it aside for dipping.

P1180416.JPG

Looks like a great sandwich! Dipping in the dressing keeps from having a slippery sandwich and no soggy bread. I think thats a fantastic way to eat one!

Reactions: Steve H
Looks like a great sandwich! Dipping in the dressing keeps from having a slippery sandwich and no soggy bread. I think thats a fantastic way to eat one!

And keeps the griddle cleaner. That must be the lazy in me.

Looks killer Steve! Nice work! I like the dipping idea too. Probably less soggy factor.

Hell Yeah that sandwich looks awesome!!!!

I usually mix the dressing in with the sauerkraut when I make mine. I don’t like mine dripping all over the place either. Good idea on serving the dressing on the side.

Like!

Hell Yeah that sandwich looks awesome!!!!

I usually mix the dressing in with the sauerkraut when I make mine. I don’t like mine dripping all over the place either. Good idea on serving the dressing on the side.

Like!

Thanks! I've done the same. Rinse the kraut and squeeze out the better part of the liquid and add the dressing. Either way works well. When I'm in more of a motivated mood. I'll grill the meat, cheese, and kraut first. Then put on the toasted rye bread. And add the dressing last.

Thanks! I've done the same. Rinse the kraut and squeeze out the better part of the liquid and add the dressing. Either way works well. When I'm in more of a motivated mood. I'll grill the meat, cheese, and kraut first. Then put on the toasted rye bread. And add the dressing last.

You need to stop. You’re killing me here thinking about all this food before lunch...I shouldn’t be on here anyway with an empty stomach!!

• Haha
Glad I am going down stairs to an Italian Sub. Made me hungry looking nice job.
Richie

That looks great . Eye round ?
Typed that this morning . Guess I forgot to hit post .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky