Corn Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
These are a tasty little appetizer or bar snack. I first saw them at a fancy London restaurant about a year ago and now see them popping up on youtube.

The original ones in London were deep fried and I thought smoking them might be a little healthier.

You start by cutting the corn into fourths along the length. Make sure you are very careful with this and use a heavy and very sharp knife.

corn_ribs_001.jpg

Once quartered cover in EVOO, pepper and chili powder.

corn_ribs_002.jpg

I then put them in the smoker at 250* for 30-40 minutes.

corn_ribs_003.jpg

You can eat them just like this. They taste nice and sweet like this.

corn_ribs_005.jpg

Or you can take it up a notch and paint on sriracha mayo then add feta cheese and cilantro.

corn_ribs_004.jpg

I just tried them both ways and this was by far my favorite.

If you were determined enough I guess you could get through it, but no, just the kernels. It is a lot cleaner to eat it this way than a whole ear of corn.

View attachment 671625

Hahaha!! Thanks for the clarification. Kind of what I thought but wasn't sure. Especially when you said they were deep fried in London I was thinking you just eat the whole thing.

Reactions: JLeonard
Another really cool thread. Tracy is a Kansas girl and has corn in her blood. I love the stuff also but I'm kinda scared to let her see this. I know fully well she'd ask (read: insist) that I make it. Might just do it anyway though because I love the concept.

Robert

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
I'm not a fan of grilled corn, but this looks interesting for get togethers.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky