Cooling racks for MES30

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cmayna

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
Looking for some what I call "cooling racks", similar to what we see below, for my MES30. Had no problem finding the following but they still needed a fair amount of mod to make them work. Hoping someone has already found some MES30 approved racks/grates. Since I do a lot of nuggets, the stock grates won't work. Need a finer mesh rack. Yes, in the 2nd pic, I could have used stock racks for Salmon tails and filets but, I just love the modified racks.

Found some cooling racks on flea bay by the name Unifit, but they do not have feet which I really prefer.
Thanks
IMG_1536.JPG
IMG_1547.JPG

Last edited:
My MES30 came with two of these.With the "handles" down they double as a cooling racks.It was a nice little bonus when I opened the box.

Attachments

• 20210110_090541.jpg
    20210110_090541.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210110_090533.jpg
    20210110_090533.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 7
The free Mes 30 I got on marketplace didn't come with racks so I made some from cooling racks at the dollartree but the grids were too wide so Qmatz are handy. I picked up this 3 pk of cooling racks at Menards for $5.99 during black Friday week. The legs fold and the racks are 15" wide. The same width as the smoker so I'll have to alter the rack holders so the cooling racks slide in and rest ontop of the rack holders or something vs cutting the racks but that won't be till warmer weather. Maybe hard to find now but could be ordered.

So far I've struck out at Amazon but I'm sure there's still way more to explore. Yeah, I foresee myself having to modify some future racks. The racks I show above did not have the chromed side rails that slide into the MES40's support frame, so yes, I might be welding a small similar set for the 30.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky