Cook until all fat has rendered???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Millberry

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 12, 2020
Buford, GA
I have a brisket at 203 degrees......probe slides in like butter......BUT---fat has not completely rendered yet.. Do I take it off the heat and let rest OR continue smoking (cooking) a little longer? Thanks

It's the internal fat that renders, especially the fat layer
between the point and flat. It never hurts to rest a brisket in an insulated cooler for up to 4 hours.
ZXlFKfS.jpg

dt4Yykd.jpg

Agree with all above. 203' IT and probe very tender, yes pull and let rest wrapped for a while. Long time not hearing from you, how've you been?

Yep. guys got you covered. post some pics. of that bad boy when you go to slice!

*Hint: We here at SMF love to feature everyone's first brisket cook, but we gotta have a picture to post!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky