Cook box temp question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tbjoebbq ss

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 25, 2013
Lakeland, FL
I am smoking 4 slabs of spare today on my Horizon 20 RD offset.  In the past I have never had a need for rib rack and have always cooked them laying flat.  My temperatures are running about 220-230 on the door therms and 270-280 on the Maverick.  The fire is smaller than usual and very little wind today as compared to the previous times I have been cooking.  Also a drier day (for florida) then I am used to. Question - Could having the ribs laying flat cause a big enough disruption in air flow to cause the temp differneces?  I have had the temps generally be with in 5-10 degrees accross all three when cooking smaller amounts.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky