Converted ECB

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pirate40

Original poster
Apr 5, 2006
The Land of Corn
Just finished a conversion on an old electric Brinkman to propane. The lid currently has no vents. Should I vent this thing by drilling a few holes? any other advice? This is strictly a back up unit to my Smoke-n-Pit.

Scott

Scott, have you done a test burn with the propane burner? If so, how are the temperatures? If the temperatures are low enough and the smoke is able to escape around the lip of the lid then there may not be a need for additional venting. However, if the temperatures climb too high you may need more exhaust for the heat or if the modifications make more smoke than the unit is designed for then the added ventilation may be necessary.

I have not done the burn test yet. I plan on doing that later today. I'll see what happens & let you know. Thanks for the feedback

I have a old Brinkmann lp that I converted to natural gas. You should have no need to vent it as the smoke (exhaust) will escape around the lid.
Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky