Convert brick fire pit to smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KeepinItReel

Original poster
Jul 19, 2018
I’m looking at converting this fire pit into a smoker. I’ll build a 12X14X18 fire box of 1/4” steel and attach it to the side. I’ll cut the chimney stack in half and enclose the top of the pit where the lid is now. Then I’ll put the door on the front where I can open it and slide the racks out. I’m not real sure how big of an opening to cut in the brick for the firebox. Are there any other suggestions for this? Something I’m missing?

Attachments

• 95FD0030-4424-4D24-A2B2-CC4EB435AF0E.jpeg
    95FD0030-4424-4D24-A2B2-CC4EB435AF0E.jpeg
    229.1 KB · Views: 111
fumble..fumble..fumble...

there are some calculators around here, they will help size the air intake holes and exhaust pipe size correctly. I bookmarked them, just can't find them now...

ratz.

Reactions: KeepinItReel
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky