Conversation or Chat?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Cody_Mack

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 8, 2021
Fulshear, TX
Hey what is the difference in Start Chat, and Start Conversation, say, when viewing someone's Profile? Can one, or both, be expanded to include more participants? Is Chat just two people? I should know that...hey learn something everyday!

Rick

Hey what is the difference in Start Chat, and Start Conversation, say, when viewing someone's Profile? Can one, or both, be expanded to include more participants? Is Chat just two people? I should know that...hey learn something everyday!

Rick
Hi there and welcome.

Chat is real time so if the person isn't around you will just be chatting into the wind. If they are around then its like instant messaging.

Conversation is a private message they will get in their inbox. Like an email. They will respond when they see it. So not real time.

My preference is Conversation as one individual person is rarely around when you want to message them so chatting isn't too helpful but sending the private message and them getting back to you is super helpful :)

I prefer receiving a Conversation Request. Any valuable info is more easily stored and accessed...JJ

Reactions: tallbm
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky