Connect both sides of a CharGriller Duo?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crackhead

Original poster
Mar 30, 2007
There are tons and tons of posts on here about CharGriller mods, but I was wondering if anyone had ever connected the gas grill side to the grill/smoker side to make the entire thing a smoker. Ive got some ideas and dont really think it would be that difficult, but wondering if anyone had beat me to it yet.

Last edited:
I have been thinking about doing that to mine also.  My thought is to drill out a hole for a 1" to 2" diameter pipe, that is threaded on each end so you could cap it if you need to.  Place it under the grates so it would not interfere with anything and use the gas side as a cold smoker.  I don't know how well it would work but I might try it anyway.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky