Commercial Fridge Build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

azhunter80

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 6, 2011
Hey everyone, been quite a long......long time since I've posted anything. And last night I decided to start my next build.
Here's a question, on this stainless fridge, what are the chances the inside being stainless? I believe it's galvanized and will have to get it out.

Thanks TX, I'll try a magnet a lil later and cross my fingers it ain't magnetic lol
-Jeremy-

The innards of the fridge are not magnetic..... So it should be ok correct? I still plan on taking it out just to get the insulation out. But will clean it up and re use if possible.

You could also google the brand and model of the unit and see what the maker's specs were.  But if a magnet does not stick to it, it's not going to be galvanized steel.

looked up the specs and found that the interior is aluminum. Got the interior out with minimal damage.... I'll keep posting the progress.

looked up the specs and found that the interior is aluminum. Got the interior out with minimal damage.... I'll keep posting the progress.
Boy, that looks familiar!  I feel your pain, brother!
AR15firing.gif
 For the thinner stuff, I found a sturdy putty knife and hammer worked best to separate the foam from the metal. For the thicker, I used a pry bar with a wide blade to break off most of it. There is no solvent known to man that will dissolve that stuff. Believe me, I tried them all.

And that is one reason my warmer project is sitting in storage at the other house still.

Any tips on how you separated the interior from the foam & shell would be welcomed.  Without tearing into mine, I still have not wrapped my head around how they put it together (at least where I can take it apart without destroying it).  I "think" if I pull the flat jamb panels which are riveted in on the inside edge of the door opening I may have access to the interior shell like I see in your photo.  Looks like it pulls out and then the top piece.  But I'm not certain.  And if you happened to take some photos of that portion of your disassembly, can you post them also?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky