Combustion fan

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ryansguitars

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 24, 2013
SE Iowa
I purchased a Green Mountain Grill Jim Bowie Friday. I got it home, assembled and went to do the initial burn. The grill took about 30 minutes to come up to 150. I couldn't get the grill past 160. I shut it down and found that the fire box was overfilled with pellets. I cleaned everything out and decided to look at it Saturday morning.
I found that the combustion fan that blows on the firebox was very tight/almost felt stuck. After spinning it by hand for sometime it felt like it broke free. I tried firing the grill up again. This time things looked good, it got up to temp and the fan was blowing. After about 20 minutes the fan stalled out again and once again feels jammed.
Anyone else ever have this issue? I am guessing I just need to replace the fan and enjoy my grill??

Thanks for any help

Similar instances have happened many times to many people. Sometimes an oversight at the factory enables items to mistakenly get past quality control and into the stores.

Instead of taking the responsibility of replacing parts and "putting up" with the oversight, why don't you return the grill and either get your money back or a replacement?

Or you can call customer service at Green Mountain Grills and see if they will rectify your problem.

John

Reactions: thirdeye
I emailed GMG on Monday morning. Withing a couple hours they called me back. I explained the situation and they have the new part coming along with a gift for my troubles.
I will say I was very happy with the fast response from the company. Hopefully all works out and the grill gets some use this weekend.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky