Combining wood pellets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

richoso1

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 21, 2007
Hello,

Has anyone tried mixing apple wood pellets with mesquite wood pellets and had any positive results on ribs?

Have not done it myself (dont use pellets) but definetly mix your flavors, just like mixing woods
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Pellet owners will be along shortly to elaborate.
Mesquite and apple are great on ribs!!

Thanks for the reference to ribs, I'll be trying the apple/mesquite mix this coming week.

richoso1,

I don't use pellets either, but do use chunks. I like to smoke meats using a combination of wood chunks such as hickory/pecan, hickory/maple/pecan. All of my smokes also has a chunk of cherry in memory of one of our members.

richoso1

I don't use pellets either but I like apple and mesquite. Apple is sweet and mild and the mesquite is strong and bitter they make a good mix.

I like apple and almost anything. Sometimes I'll even mix mesquite and hickory and they are both strong flavors, I just give it a lighter smoke.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky