Colorado Gathering

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Directions to the Smokin' in the Rockies event.

Out of town use mapquest to get to Gateway Colorado.  You are going to turn before Gateway but that is the easiest way to get to rt 141!

When you turn off Hwy 50 onto 141 (town of whitewater colorado) You will go about 12 miles to the left hand turn onto the Divide Road.  This takes you up onto the Uncompagdre plateau.

Counting the cattle guards is the best way, but the turn is another 12 miles from the first Cattle Guard.

You will cross 5 cattle guards before you have to start looking for the right hand turn into the cattle camp.

There will be a sign there if you come up after Friday morning.  If you come up Thursday night you will have to wing it and look for the Graham Ranch sign on the right hand side.  But it is less then 25 feet from the 5th cattle guard to the right hand turn to get to cow camp.

If no one is around (unlikely) just make yourself at home and set up your camp anywhere around the cabin.

Please keep gates in the position you find them in, open if open and closed if closed.  Water access is controlled by gates for the animals so please leave the gates in the position they were in when you encountered it.

Looking forward to this event....

Directions to the Smokin' in the Rockies event.

Out of town use mapquest to get to Gateway Colorado.  You are going to turn before Gateway but that is the easiest way to get to rt 141!

When you turn off Hwy 50 onto 141 (town of whitewater colorado) You will go about 12 miles to the left hand turn onto the Divide Road.  This takes you up onto the Uncompagdre plateau.

Counting the cattle guards is the best way, but the turn is another 12 miles from the first Cattle Guard.

You will cross 5 cattle guards before you have to start looking for the right hand turn into the cattle camp.  There will be a sign there if you come up after Friday morning.  If you come up Thursday night you will have to wing it and look for the Graham Ranch sign on the right hand side.  But it is less then 25 feet from the 5th cattle guard to the right hand turn to get to cow camp.

If no one is around (unlikely) just make yourself at home and set up your camp anywhere around the cabin.

Please keep gates in the position you find them in, open if open and closed if closed.  Water access is controlled by gates for the animals so please leave the gates in the position they were in when you encountered it.

Looking forward to this event....

Wish I could get there to attend this it sounds like a great time!!!!!!!!

Update New Session added:

Using the A Maze N Smoker to cold smoke lox and different cheeses.

Hoping you ALL have the GREATEST time !
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I await the ton of Qview,

Bear

Smokin' in the Rockies was a great success. Good lord, I got so much info stuffed in my head, it could explode. Bob, did they enjoy the Pork butts? Sorry I couldn't stay longer, had to get to gettin'. I have some qview to post in the next day or two. Looking forward to the next one I just can't believe it was over so fast.
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

I can't wait to try doing some smoked cheese again with the a-maze-n smoker. Wife is already planning a wine tasting (thanks Bob) which will make it easier to get rid of those pesky migraines.

Smokin' in the Rockies was a great success. Good lord, I got so much info stuffed in my head, it could explode. Bob, did they enjoy the Pork butts? Sorry I couldn't stay longer, had to get to gettin'. I have some qview to post in the next day or two. Looking forward to the next one I just can't believe it was over so fast.
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

I can't wait to try doing some smoked cheese again with the a-maze-n smoker. Wife is already planning a wine tasting (thanks Bob) which will make it easier to get rid of those pesky migraines.
We were lucky to have Todd's A-Maze-N-Smoker as a sponsor.

We were very lucky to have the medical professionals at cow camp share the migrane cure with us
biggrin.gif

Had a great time at the camp. Bob taught us so much. Hernando and I will post more pictures soon.
Hernando the pork was fantastic. Tam and I ate a lot of it before we headed down the mountain.
Bob said next year there will be a session on smoking and checking for Ticks.

Start planning for next year you folks don't know what you missed.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky