Cold smoking bacon question.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
After 18 hours of smoke and let it set 2 days.

View attachment 454122

And of course I just had to cook up the trimmings!

View attachment 454123

Nice flavor. Deep smoky taste with this I've only gone 12 hours before. 18 hours makes a huge difference.
I go 32 hours of cold smoke... but I break it up into (4) 8 hour smoke sessions overnight resting the slabs in the refrigerator during the day. Cold smoking bacon is a lot like dry curing, you are drying the bacon out but with presence of smoke. High humidity aids in the drying, just like when dry curing, which is why cold smoking at night is beneficial, such that it usually has a higher ambient humidity at night and cooler temperatures.....
Try 32 hours Steve, it'll blow your socks off! At least that's my preference....but I'm a smoke hound, I love deep smokey flavor on bacon.

I go 32 hours of cold smoke... but I break it up into (4) 8 hour smoke sessions overnight resting the slabs in the refrigerator during the day. Cold smoking bacon is a lot like dry curing, you are drying the bacon out but with presence of smoke. High humidity aids in the drying, just like when dry curing, which is why cold smoking at night is beneficial, such that it usually has a higher ambient humidity at night and cooler temperatures.....
Try 32 hours Steve, it'll blow your socks off! At least that's my preference....but I'm a smoke hound, I love deep smokey flavor on bacon.

I'll try that next. I liked the flavor with 12 hours. I an't imagine how it'll be after 32 hours! Thanks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky