COLD SMOKED CHEESE ROUND #3 (ALL THE PICS)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 1, 2019
Southeast Mississippi
Well cheese smoking #3 was a success! 4 hours with the apple wood. ZERO MELT. All labeled and vacum packed. Another fun day with the Bayou Classic stick burner. (several pics)
CHEESE TYPES.jpg
1 BRIQUETTE.jpg
FIRE .jpg
HERE WE GO.jpg
ON END.jpg
TEMP.jpg
SMOKED 1.jpg
SMOKED 2.jpg
VACUM PACKED.jpg

Looking good.

I have a block of pepper jack resting from a smoke 2 weeks ago. Tomorrow will be the grand opening and if it is good I will be doing a big cheese smoking event myself!

Reactions: Hawging It
Looking good.

I have a block of pepper jack resting from a smoke 2 weeks ago. Tomorrow will be the grand opening and if it is good I will be doing a big cheese smoking event myself!
That sounds great! Let us know how it turned out. I am new to the cheese deal but I am ALL in. Love it!

I had some that was over a year old , that was fantastic . I have some cheddar that I did last March 2017 . Might open some and see how it is .
Wow, thats great. I have been really interested in buying a vacuum sealer. If and when I do, cheese will be a new thing to try!

I had some that was over a year old , that was fantastic . I have some cheddar that I did last March 2017 . Might open some and see how it is .[/I have several blocks now. Gonna try one in about three weeks. I plan on aging most of it for several months.

Third times a charm, nice job. I don't think I've every seen someone put a temp probe in their cheese before.

Point for sure
Chris

With the vacuum seal, how long do you expect these to stay fresh?
I used to wrap really tightly in saran wrap then put them in a ziploc. I had about 10% that lasted a year, the rest were moldy. Since I've started vacuum sealing immediately upon finishing the cold smoke, I've had almost all of them last over a year (at least the ones that didn't get eaten by that time).

Got some xsharp, 2015. Waiting till 2020 election to open. Vac sealed of course. Try them corndog pellets. Really good, even though they smell like grass burning o my a little sweeter

Got some xsharp, 2015. Waiting till 2020 election to open. Vac sealed of course. Try them corndog pellets. Really good, even though they smell like grass burning o my a little sweeter
Ok. Was curious. When can I taste a block that I have smoked? I'm new to the cheese game but I'm hooked!!!!

Have you tried it? Smoking with dust in a tray, mines edible right out of the smoker but of course its better after a week or two.

Didn't realize that said corndog. Corn cob. Ate the corn cob a month later. Pretty good. That's the earliest I have ever ate. They say a couple weeks or so. Chef Jimmy says you should be able to eat right out of smoker. I let mine rest at room temp covered loosely overnight then vacpac. No sweats when sealed, as in dry.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky