Cold smoke time ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BigTurtle

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 2, 2018
About how long do y'all bacon makers cold smoke your cured bacon ?

Attachments

• IMG_20200814_151153063.jpg
    IMG_20200814_151153063.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 22
Oh boy, I'm afraid you've opened the door on this answer, can't wait for all the replies to appear in one place. I'll go first.

Normally I will cold smoke 5 to 7 hours on day one (following a 12 to 24 hour refer rest after rinsing), return to the fridge overnight, and do another 5 to 7 hours on day two. If the outside temp is in the 30's I might go longer.

GaPuNcW.jpg

I know,it's like asking preference on oil or tires on a motorcycle. A thousand posts later and still no definitive answer. Thanks for the input. Being that I live on a very very sparsely inhabited mountain and the bears appear daily, I'll put it just before dark 30.

I know,it's like asking preference on oil or tires on a motorcycle. A thousand posts later and still no definitive answer. Thanks for the input. Being that I live on a very very sparsely inhabited mountain and the bears appear daily, I'll put it just before dark 30.

Maybe smoke some fish in a decoy smoker to keep the bears away from the bacon.

Last edited:
Have you ever smoked your own bacon? I'm guessing not hence the question. So I would go on the light end of smoke time, until you find what you like. I usually go for 9 to 12 hours depending on my schedule. If you find you need more than next time go longer...can't take it away if too smokey.

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky