Cold Cut Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pushok2018

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 12, 2017
San Francisco East Bay area, CA
Good afternoon,
Cold cut bacon is one (of many!) of my favorite and I try hard to keep a few pieces in my freezer all the time. With sky rocketing prices this is not an easy task by I try my best... I like any bacon - cold or hot smoked but cold cut is pretty universal - at least for me: you can fry it if you feel it's right for you at this particular moment or you can use is as a cold cut at any moment... OK, that's enough for introduction... :emoji_wink:
16.5 # of bacon divided into 8 pieces. Cured with salt, Cure 1 and sugar. All ingredients measured using cure calculator.
After cure was applied, all bacon was vac packed and placed in the fridge for 12 days. Usually I try to keep it in the fridge for 14 days but this bacon wasn't to thick so I decided that 12 days is enough.... After 12 days in the fridge bacon is out of vac packs and again in the fridge for over night to dry a bit....and next morning it's ready for smoker:

IMG_3826.jpg

I kept bacon in the smoker for 6 hours at 135F and now it's ready for vac packing before it will go to Sous Vide bath:

IMG_3827.jpg

Ready for SV bath:
IMG_3829.jpg

Bacon was ion Sous Vide bath (poaching) at 145F for 45 min. - I mean 45 minutes while internal meat temperature was 145F.

IMG_3830.jpg
IMG_3831.jpg

After poaching I placed bacon (still in vacuum bags) in my cooler covered with ice to cool it till I could place it in the freezer....
This is 12:10 p.m. Saturday and it's time to enjoy this nice, sunny day!!

IMG_3832.jpg

IMG_3833.jpg

I hope you enjoy it with me!!

Last edited:
Looks real good from my screen. I'd be enjoying some of that bacon.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: pushok2018
Looks great. Just used the last of my bacon the other day for BLTs. Gotta get some more curing.
Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky