Coffee wood

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kevin DeShazo

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 7, 2018
I am always looking for orange wood chips for my MES, hard to come by but found some on Amazon, figured Ill order some up. Well purusing their other items, cpl other wood chips caught my eye, guava and coffee to be specific.

Thought wth, for not much, lets try the coffee wood. Bags were delivered today, big chips but Im ok with that, fewer chips to run at a time.

Anyone ever used coffee wood, the bag smells what Id imagine raw coffee beans would smell like.
20230121_200752.jpg
20230121_200800.jpg

Supoosed to rain tomorrow, so probably wont get a chance to make use of it tomorrow, hopefully next weekend

Hold tight, report is coming sooner than expected. Its not raining as much as I thought and came across some pork belly at Publix this morn.

I'd like to try some, grape vine also.

Edit: Checked Amazon and the coffee chips are a product of Costa Rica. Cool!

That's why I'm confused. A coffee tree Gymnocladus dioicus grows here and was used as a coffee substitute a couple hundred years ago in the US. I wasn't aware it grew in Costa Rica. It is somewhat poisonous to livestock.
Coffee plants Coffea Arabica and Robusta the kind you drink are more like bushes. I wouldn't think I'd see big chips. I just wondered which it was.

Reactions: Kevin DeShazo
The coffee fields of Guatemala are more like bushes growing on the mountain sides. I doubt you would find chunks, just chips. I could work with that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky