"Club Dawgs"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
With all the talk about condiments going on i decided to make my "club dawgs" they are kind of like a club sandwich just in hot dog form. I use a hot dog i get from the local deli that is in a casing so it has that nice snap to it. Definitely not they typical hot dog but they are pretty tasty! Toasted bun, mayo, tomatoes, arugula, and crumbled bacon with the natural casing hot dog. This time i didnt have any arugula so i just used a spring mix for th lettuce. Here is the construction of the "club dawg"

First i slice up some cherry tomatoes and season with salt and pepper

20191017_204911.jpg

Then i toast up the buns
20191017_213416.jpg

Next throw the dogs on and grill them up
20191017_213407.jpg
20191017_223501.jpg

Next goes the mayo
20191017_214205.jpg

Then the spring mix lettuce...
20191017_214428.jpg

Then the crumbled bacon and the salt and peppered tomatoes
20191017_221309.jpg

Then on goes the hot dog and ready to enjoy....also i did one with mustard only because that is the leading hot dog condiment! Lol
20191018_221205.jpg
20191017_224226.jpg

Thanks for looking!

All Looks Outstanding from the Den!!
Especially my favorite "Lots of Yellow Mustard on a Toasted Bun".
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

All Looks Outstanding from the Den!!
Especially my favorite "Lots of Yellow Mustard on a Toasted Bun".
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Thanks Bear! The toasted bun makes a world of difference!

Thanks Bear! The toasted bun makes a world of difference!

Yup!!---Caution Another "Bear Story":
The first time I ever had a Hot Dog with a toasted Bun was when I was about 10 Years Old:
Once in awhile My Mom would give me 50 cents, and I'd pedal my Bike to Gruvers Bar & Grill. It was actually a Bar, with 3 booths, 2 small tables & 7 Bar Stools, a 2 pump Gas Station, Grocery Store, Candy Store, and some people paid their Electric Bills there too. It was about 1.5 miles from my house.
I would get a 30 cent Hot Dog with a Toasted Bun, a 15 cent Birch Beer on Tap, and a 5 cent Candy Bar with the change.

Bear

Reactions: Sowsage
Yup!!---Caution Another "Bear Story":
The first time I ever had a Hot Dog with a toasted Bun was when I was about 10 Years Old:
Once in awhile My Mom would give me 50 cents, and I'd pedal my Bike to Gruvers Bar & Grill. It was actually a Bar, with 3 booths, 2 small tables & 7 Bar Stools, a 2 pump Gas Station, Grocery Store, Candy Store, and some people paid their Electric Bills there too. It was about 1.5 miles from my house.
I would get a 30 cent Hot Dog with a Toasted Bun, a 15 cent Birch Beer on Tap, and a 5 cent Candy Bar with the change.

Bear
Great story Bear!

Those sure do look good, but ketchup beat out mayo - so what gives?

Point for sure
Chris

Those sure do look good, but ketchup beat out mayo - so what gives?

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks!! This was just a post about one kind of dog i make from time to time. I just did a mustard one because that really is my go-to topings for a hot dog and it was on top so i figured it would be appreciated.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky