• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Close call ( peanut allergy)

mike243

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 25, 2018
The grand daughter had a peanut allergy for 10-11 years but out grew it, yep eppie pin went every where with us and took forever grocery shopping cking all the labels, I know folks thought we were crazy reading all the labels, its amazing the foods that can come in contact with peanuts but not have any in them, glad to hear Knox is going to be fine, we were surprised that grand daughter had out grown it so there is hope that Knox might also .

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 18, 2017
The grand daughter had a peanut allergy for 10-11 years but out grew it, yep eppie pin went every where with us and took forever grocery shopping cking all the labels, I know folks thought we were crazy reading all the labels, its amazing the foods that can come in contact with peanuts but not have any in them, glad to hear Knox is going to be fine, we were surprised that grand daughter had out grown it so there is hope that Knox might also .
Thanks Mike! Yes there's allways hope of outgrowing it.

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
Wow, that's scary. So glad you were so prepared and everything turned out ok for everyone! Knox is my hero... he's still young enough and cute enough to be able to pick his plate up and lick it off without getting the look.

Ryan

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 17, 2020
Yikes! My daughter (27yo) is also peanut allergic. Have had many a scary events with her. Of Course she says that if she ever gets the death penalty her last meal will be everything she has never been able to eat. Starting with a Reeses peanut butter cup. LOL.
Jim

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 18, 2017
Wow, that's scary. So glad you were so prepared and everything turned out ok for everyone! Knox is my hero... he's still young enough and cute enough to be able to pick his plate up and lick it off without getting the look.

Ryan
Thanks Ryan , yea I'm kind of jealous of that. There are times when I make thoses big burgers I could sure lick my plate lol!
Yikes! My daughter (27yo) is also peanut allergic. Have had many a scary events with her. Of Course she says that if she ever gets the death penalty her last meal will be everything she has never been able to eat. Starting with a Reeses peanut butter cup. LOL.
Jim
lol! I cant say that I blame her! Id probably do the same!

forktender

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 10, 2008
Glad he's ok Travis. My niece had the death peanut allergy. Once she got into her teens her doctor started giving her micro doses of peanuts over the course of a couple years. She's 19 and no longer allergic to nuts. Might be something to talk to your doctor about in the future as knox gets older
My Noni did that with poison oak when we were little kids since then I can wipe my butt with it and not catch it. Thanks Noni.

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Wow glad it worked out and he is ok. If you notice on the PA gathering we post no nut foods for that reason PC Farmers son has an allergy to nuts as well as eggs.

Warren

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 18, 2017
Wow glad it worked out and he is ok. If you notice on the PA gathering we post no nut foods for that reason PC Farmers son has an allergy to nuts as well as eggs.

Warren
Thanks Warren , yea its definitely not something to take lightly.

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Thanks Warren , yea its definitely not something to take lightly.

Yea we have made a few trips to the ER we have a daughter allergic to bee stings.

Warren

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.