Cleaning soot from inside smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jon Meinert

Original poster
May 14, 2018
Hey everyone, fairly new to smoker and during my last smoke had a regulator go bad and was getting a straight yellow flame. Issue fixed except now I have a layer of black soot on everything inside and was curious on what is the best way to clean the soot out? Any suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.

I'm sure that there are numerous ways to tackle the soot. I, personally, blow the loose flakes off with compressed air. It leaves the "seasoning" that is stuck well enough not to flake off and get on your chow.

I find that the soot builds up over time and so I blow it off every couple months.

I have heard of guys using a pressure washer which I am sure would work good, too.

Beyond these methods you'll be getting "up close and personal" which may well get a bit messy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky