Cleaning smoker racks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cueinco

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 19, 2014
Louisville, CO
I smoked some wings today and the racks and mats were a mess. I went looking for the Dawn Super Power Spray and my wife told me it was gone.

Some years ago, someone here had recommended Dawn Super Power (or is it Superpower?) Spray as a great way to clean racks, etc. I searched for the post but couldn't find it. I've been looking all over for more of the spray but can't seem to find it. I'm guessing they don't make it anymore.

So the question is, if you've used this in the past, what have you started using now? If you have a better product that you're using, what's that?

Thanks for the help.....

I use fabuloso, 3-4 tablespoons in enough hot water to cover racks and let it sit overnight. I only have stainless steel racks now, so for the really tough jobs, I use spray oven cleaner.

I made the mistake to put my rack off of my Weber Q100 once, stopped up the float for the water tripped the limit for the heater due to no/low water level when it was trying to get water up to temp. never again. A cheap electric pressure washer works wonders after a soak in dawn for a little bit. I had to pull the dishwasher out to find reset on bottom of unit. Learn from your mistakes and others lol

My SI#3 wont get hot enough to just burn off, and grates are too big for dishwasher and slop sink on patio. Just replaced my small garage sink with a big utility sink that my grates will lay flat in the bottom. Soak in Dawn, a little brushing and a rinse.

cueinco cueinco we still buy this all the time on Amazon.
1655554234341.jpeg

Reactions: chopsaw
I throw my MES 30 racks on the gas grill .
I use the Dawn Power wash . We have the spray bottle , then buy the refills . I use it on mt Weber grill tray . I get it at the local Grocery . It's fantastic .
1655554709195.jpeg
1655554687379.jpeg
1655554740801.jpeg

Reactions: gmc2003
I don’t think I have ever cleaned the grates other than to scrape off any loose stuff. If I have a lot of build-up, I heat the grate with a weed burner, then hit it with a brush or scrapper. I also use throwaway aluminum pans a lot too. So the smoker doesn’t get that dirty most of the time!
Al

The racks from both my 14.5" WSM and my MES30 fit in the dishwasher.After a few hours soak in hot water and Dawn they go into the dishwasher.

I stopped washing mine several years ago. Just scrape occasionally and heat them up by themselves to burn off occasionally!

Mine are stainless so I toss them into the dishwasher along with my mats. They come out looking new!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky