Clam Chowder Keto Style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Been a long night tossing and turning thinking about our Forum Family member John, Bear. He been in my thoughts for a while now. Prayers for him and family.

I used Jeff's Keto Ham Chowder for base for this. Saute onions, celery. I had been saving the broth from the frozen mussels I been getting from Aldi's for this. I could drink that stuff. Had two cups and added 1.5 chicken broth. Simmered cauliflower in it. Boiled some turnips. Added to my Ninja Chef blender with cream cheese, cream and onions. Can't believe I went most my life with a cheap blender. Man that thing works good! Added salt, pepper, bay and cayenne than back in the pan. Was going to be to much liquid so I removed some. Added turnips and clam. Man there is no clams in those cans. All liquid. I used 3 and went back to store for couple more. First 3 where minced so thought get chopped for other 2. Should of stuck with minced as the others where kind of chewy. Had I known there was that much liquid I would of used it place of broth. Took a shot at Jeff's Keto biscuits. This was pretty good. Jeff's base is liquid gold. Just put it in a cup. I will be giving some of this away as anything with cream does not seem to freeze well.

IMG_20230113_130524217_HDR.jpg IMG_20230113_131715399.jpg

IMG_20230113_133528799.jpg

IMG_20230113_153316509_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230113_170622924_HDR.jpg IMG_20230113_170632112_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
I could use a bowl of that Brian. Looks good! I've been thinking about John as well. I know how you feel.

Looks real good Brian.

Point for sure
Chris

Brian, that looks good. I love New England clam chowder, but may have to go the keto route and check it out.

John has been on my mind, as well...

That's looks really really good.
Clam chowder is probably next up on my soup menu. Not sure if I'll try the keto approach. I've got some red taters to use up soon.
I wasn't impressed with the canned clams either. I picked up a frozen package of clam meat from Wild Fork Foods.

Killer and perfect meal for this weather!!!! Great looking bowl of chowder…..one of my favorite soups😍 You nailed it!

I don't do keto, but that looks damn good to me!
Funny timing, I was just thinking about making a chowder. I've always done mine with a potato base, and pureed them in with the clam juice to thicken it. I may actually have to try your version sometime.

I could use a bowl of that Brian. Looks good! I've been thinking about John as well. I know how you feel.
Thanks Steve
Looks real good Brian.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris
Brian, that looks good. I love New England clam chowder, but may have to go the keto route and check it out.

John has been on my mind, as well...
Thanks Charles
You nailed it Brian!! Looks like you nailed the biscuit too. How did you like it?
Thanks Jeff. Biscuit was just a tad eggy but the next day had one room temp with pork steak and man was it good. Much better next day.
Awesome job Brian! Looks delicious!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan
looks very good!!
Thanks
Keto or not, that is some good looking chowder!
Al
Thanks Al. I think this better than regular
I do love a good bowl of clam chowder and that looks fantastic Brian. Great adaptation of Jeff's recipe. jcam222 jcam222 is quite the enabler isn't he?? :emoji_laughing:

Robert
Thanks Robert. Yes but I owe him more than I could pay back. Jeff and Steve are making me start hot sauce now! I was fighting it until Steve posted those eggs!
That's looks really really good.
Clam chowder is probably next up on my soup menu. Not sure if I'll try the keto approach. I've got some red taters to use up soon.
I wasn't impressed with the canned clams either. I picked up a frozen package of clam meat from Wild Fork Foods.
Thanks Richie. I looked for frozen at store but no deal.
Killer and perfect meal for this weather!!!! Great looking bowl of chowder…..one of my favorite soups😍 You nailed it!
Thanks Jed
I don't do keto, but that looks damn good to me!
Funny timing, I was just thinking about making a chowder. I've always done mine with a potato base, and pureed them in with the clam juice to thicken it. I may actually have to try your version sometime.
Thanks

Brian this looks good for sure. Being from Texas idk if I’ve ever had a legit chowder. Very sad to hear of Bear’s health issues. He seems like a very genuine and nice person.

You nailed it Brian!! Looks like you nailed the biscuit too. How did you like it?
This is really tasting amazing today after sitting in fridge. You are going to want to try this. The chopped clams are kinda of chewy and next time stick to minced. Biscuits also get better sitting.

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky