Citrus Sage Chicken Sausage & Thank You BMUDD

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

justpassingthru

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 7, 2009
Pamatai, Tahiti
I received my sausage stuffer that Brian helped me to buy and since the store was out of butts I brought home 2 kg of boneless chicken thighs.

I followed wutang's recipe and I and the family must agree with his appraisal,  they are awesome and I'll definitely be making them again!

I increased the ingredients for 2 kg to use all of the chicken, I grilled them to 167°, they were light and had a slight citrus taste to them, different and very, very good.

Since I followed his instructions I'll just post the plated results, to prove it really happened.

Citrus Sage Chicken Sausage with brown rice, peas and 'shrooms.

1fea21f1_CitrusSageChickenSausage017.jpg

19e3b6b5_CitrusSageChickenSausage031.jpg

Thanks for looking at my Q-view and THANK YOU Brian.

Gene

Great Job. Looks like they came out nicely. Def worth having huh?

Oh yes!!!

I'm kinda stubborn and when I read the posts where people have used their grinder to stuff with and then the posts from former grinder stuffers now dedicated sausage stuffers users, I though, if the grinder stuffers can do it so can I, ...with the first turn of the crank I immediately changed camp, I mean, we are doing this to have fun, right?

I don't know what kind of grinders they are using to stuff with and if it works for them that's cool, but really, a sausage stuffer is so easy to use and relatively inexpensive, why bother with the hassle of using a grinder?

Gene

Last edited:
Looks good! I too have just bought a 5lbs.stuffer and i love it.I have used my grinder to stuff casings and it worked out ok,just need to use a bigger sized casing and it seems to work.But when i tried a small 19mm casing no way!!! hence the stuffer,it is way faster than the grinder for sure.

Great looking chow!!

What's that stuffed in the mango?? It looks like shrimp..mmmmmm

Craig

icon_cool.gif

Well your sausages look great and I bet they always taste so good when you make them yourself. Now Craig that's a avocado not a mango and I bet the is Ceviche Shrimp or I hope I'm right.

Thanks Craig, Mark is right, it's a avocado, but ya got me thinking about maybe trying a mango or maybe a papaya.

Thanks Mark they were good and I'm looking forward to my new adventure into the world of sausage making, ceviche means it's cooked with an acid like lemon or lime juice, right?  These shrimp were cooked first, but there is lime juice in the sauce, if anyone is interested I'll post the recipe, super simple and very tasty.

Gene

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky