CIABATTA STEAK SANDWICH

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
I'll keep this as short and sweet as I can..... Our good friend Robert ( tx smoker tx smoker ) was kind enough to send me some very nice steaks....this one is a porterhouse.. Now...ive been known to make a few monster sandwiches but this time I resisted my temptation to make only one sandwich with this entire 2lb steak. So I made 2 lol! Robert loves to tease me about my large sandwiches( it gives me inspiration) so I knew I had to do him proud and make a sandwich with one of the steaks!

Start out seasoning with blackstone steakhouse seasoning
0123211733.jpg

It then went into the souse vide @131° for about 1hr 30min.

Next up I toasted some ciabatta bread under the broiler. I wanted this to be a garlic flavor so lots of butter, some salt and some garlic powder before putting under the broiler.
0123212055.jpg

Then I cut some potatoes up for fries. Soaked in water for a while before cooking in the air fryer.
0123211839.jpg

Took the steak out of the SV and then seared on the kettle.
0123212208a.jpg

Then since I dont like bones in my sammies I cut the steak off the bone and sliced thin.
0123212319.jpg

Time to build....
Bottom half spread with a mixture of Greek yougart,cream cheese,blue cheese,minced onion and white pepper.
0123212343.jpg

Then a pile of steak and some Munster cheese.
0123212345.jpg

Then another pile of steak and some more cheese on the top half of the ciabatta bread.
0123212348a.jpg

At this point I put it down in the steamer pot to melt the cheese. When it came out I put some spring mix greens on it and put the top on and brushed with melted butter. Served with a salad and the fries....the salad was one of those pre package ones with all the goodies in it. The fries got some garlic aioli and Dubliner cheese. Then garnished with some parsley.
0124210024b.jpg

Close up of the "star of of the show"!
0124210022~2.jpg

All I can say is......yuuuuummmm! That sandwich was out of this world! Fries and salad were good too! That CPB steak really brings the flavor for sure. Thanks again Robert for sharing this with me...just plain delicious!
Thanks for taking a look!

Awesome job Travis! Been looking forward to this. Nice looking plate but that sandwich looks oh so good, and those fries!
Has Robert also been sending his margaritas to you also... seems like his inspiration comes from margaritas lol.

Ryan

Travis, that's the best looking Steak Sandwich I've ever seen! You are definitely the Sandwich King. You may also be the King of Sandwiches, lol. I can imagine how delicious that was. Another great job.

Man all kidding aside you are the sandwich king!! That looks friggin amazing!!
Thanks Jeff! That sandwich is probably one of the best ive ever tasted! Turning the ciabatta bread into garlic toast really took it up a notch!

Awesome job Travis! Been looking forward to this. Nice looking plate but that sandwich looks oh so good, and those fries!
Has Robert also been sending his margaritas to you also... seems like his inspiration comes from margaritas lol.

Ryan
Thanks Ryan! The whole meal was awesome! I sure could have drank a few margaritas with it! Lol!

Lo
Travis, that's the best looking Steak Sandwich I've ever seen! You are definitely the Sandwich King. You may also be the King of Sandwiches, lol. I can imagine how delicious that was. Another great job.
Lol! Thanks man!

That is one tasty and beautiful looking steak sandwich Travis! I bet that ciabatta roll got nice and tender when you steamed it.

Very nicely done!

That is one tasty and beautiful looking steak sandwich Travis! I bet that ciabatta roll got nice and tender when you steamed it.

Very nicely done!
Thanks xray!! Yep it got nice and soft but still sturdy enough to hold up to a steak sandwich...it worked out perfect!

Reactions: xray
You nailed it! I am intrigued by this spread you put on it.
I found that recipe a long time ago used to top a steak while it rests. Pretty good stuff just a s a topper . it worked well with the sandwich
2 tablespoons cream cheese
4 teaspoons crumbled blue cheese
4 teaspoons plain yogurt
2 teaspoons minced onion
Dash ground white pepper
I used a plain Greek yogurt in mine.

I found that recipe a long time ago used to top a steak while it rests. Pretty good stuff just a s a topper . it worked well with the sandwich
2 tablespoons cream cheese
4 teaspoons crumbled blue cheese
4 teaspoons plain yogurt
2 teaspoons minced onion
Dash ground white pepper
I used a plain Greek yogurt in mine.
Thank you for this. I will give it a shot.

Travis, just quit your job and start a sammich food truck. I think a few of us on here would keep you rolling in dough for quite a while. Darn good looking plate there.
Jim

Travis, just quit your job and start a sammich food truck. I think a few of us on here would keep you rolling in dough for quite a while. Darn good looking plate there.
Jim
Thanks Jim...ive thought about it before......when I get to the point I wouldnt be dependent on the income it might be something I look at doing.....but stress free....and another option for my boys if they were ever intrested. Maybe one of them will get into that and the other one can run the shop when I retire some day.

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky