CI Skillet Ranchero Enchiladas ala @tx smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

clifish

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 25, 2019
Long Island, NY
Wanted to do a CI skillet cook as has been posted here many times before. I ran across an older post from Robert tx smoker tx smoker on Ranchero Enchiladas. I opted out of adding jalapenos as I toasted Bonnie's mouth with the serrano's when I did the jerk chicken cook a few weeks ago. I just used yellow and red peppers with onions, garlic sautéed in the pan with a little avocado oil.
1.jpg

Added chopped tomatoes and the spice mix Robert was nice enough to PM me, I edited a bit in blue based on what I had on hand:

1 T avacado oil
½ cup chopped white onions
2 Jalapenos seeds and stems removed and chopped - used standard red/yellow peppers
2t minced garlic
4 Roma tomatoes diced
½ t salt
1 t black pepper
1/2 t ground cumin
1 t paprika - smoked
1 t guajillo pepper - std chili pepper
½ t chipotle/morita pepper
½ t oregano (recommend Mexican) used regular
1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
Also added a packet of Sazon seasoning
2.jpg

As it was cooking I decided to add a can of black soy beans.
3.jpg

Started browning the 1.5lbs of chop meat, drained and added taco seasoning. I used a bottled version but now that Robert was nice enough to send me his recipe I will be making it soon.

4.jpg

layered in the first low carb tortilla, I was using a 10"CI pan. needed to cut up a second one to cover the sides. Ignore my bare feet in the pic...lol
5.jpg

Layered in a small amount of the Ranchero sauce on the bottom
6.jpg

Added the chop meat mixture and a bit of shredded Mexican blend cheese.
7.jpg

Threw on the next tortilla
8.jpg

On top of that I dropped on the rest of the Ranchero sauce, green onion, fresh cilantro, more Mexican cheese and a bunch of dabs of Queso cheese to make it a bit creamy.
9.jpg

Did not grill but put into a 375 oven for about 15 minutes.
10.jpg

Pulled it out of the CI so it did not continue cooking....OMG looking soooooo good. Plated mine with some sour cream, quac and my ghost pepper salsa.
plate.jpg

To use Robert's description of flavor bomb is an understatement. This was wicked incredible, the second half did not make through the night when my kids came home. I am now hooked on CI skillets, so many ways to go. Thank you Robert for another great inspiration.

Wow! Now I want that for supper! Bookmark another one! Who knows...might have it bookmarked from when Robert did his...there's so many!
On a side note...have a 12 week old puppy that loves bare toes! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: clifish
Wow! Now I want that for supper! Bookmark another one! Who knows...might have it bookmarked from when Robert did his...there's so many!
On a side note...have a 12 week old puppy that loves bare toes! :emoji_blush:

Ryan
yeah no dogs here, just a couple cats, pond and 14 fish tanks....

Looks fantastic, Clif. I'm going to have to try this one. I may have bookmarked Robert's post as well.

Man looks like you hit that one out of the park. It looks incredible. I can attest to Robert's seasoning mixes as well. Try out his beef rub if you get a chance.

Wow Cliff, you took that to a whole new level and absolutely crushed it!! Very well done my friend. I'd be all over that in a heartbeat...and you wouldn't have had to worry about the kids eating the rest of it. I'd have eaten it all :emoji_laughing:

Thank you Robert for another great inspiration.
You are more than welcome sir. Glad you found it worthy. As much as we love Mexican food, I'm always on a quest to come up with new and fun things. When they work, I follow the creed of the forum and post for others to see. I'm honored that you found it worthy.

Try out his beef rub if you get a chance.
I actually have quite an array of seasoning mixes and rubs I've put together. If interested, feel free to let me know. Happy to share any or all.

Robert

Boy does that look good Cliff. Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky