• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Chucky Burnt Ends this past weekend

masssmoke

Smoke Blower
Joined May 8, 2016
On Sunday I was looking for something to go on the smoker and it was such a beautiful day. I ended up finding a chuck roast that was just over 3 pounds.
I tried something different than I have done in the past and cubed them up before they even went on the smoker. I put some Montreal rub and some hot pepper flakes then on my Pit Boss for about 2 hours at 250, then I put them in an aluminum foil tray and covered with foil. Added beef stock and Sweet Baby Rays. Kept them on the smoker for another 2 hours. Then removed the foil, drained some of the liquid and re-braised with the BBQ sauce. Turned up the heat for a few mins.
They came out very good. Not as good as a brisket burnt end, but for the $ and time it is close!
IMG-1065.jpg
Here they are getting started.
IMG-1066.jpg

and ready for the foil pan now.

IMG-1069.jpg

and the finished product.

Ate some of it, my son was home and he ate most of it and then took the rest back to his college apartment for some snacks this week!

All and all it was good and low effort.

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
It looks delicious! I haven’t tried this with chick since I usually pull it. Will have to try it sometime.

flatbroke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 16, 2007
this is one think i have never tried before. Made pork belly but never beef.. Looks great, I will give it a try soon.

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
Looks good to me! You can make "burnt ends" out of almost anything IMO.
I just pulled a chuckie out of the freezer this morning for pot roast tomorrow and I'm thinking I'll cut a chunk off to try this.
I'll try your method as well....

masssmoke

Smoke Blower
Joined May 8, 2016
Thanks to all. Glad to hear some others will give it a try, I think you will like them!

pushok2018

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 12, 2017
That looks fantastic! Got to check my freezer if I have chucky or try-tip in it..... I want to try this next weekend....

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.