Chuck Roast smoking temp

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokininidaho

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 11, 2011
N. Idaho
Hi gang, what temp do you smoke your chuckie at? I got a late start this morning so I was going to go at 250-260. Think I'll be ok, wrap in butcher paper at 170, then go till probe tender, sound like it will work?

I do all my chucks at 265, foil boat them in a braising liquid and rest till dinner

Since you just started 30 min ago, I would smoke it for 5 hours (till 4pm) the. Wrap (foil or foil pan), it will take 2 hours to get to 205 is then rest 30 min and eat at 6:30. I do this all the time!

Hi gang, what temp do you smoke your chuckie at? I got a late start this morning so I was going to go at 250-260. Think I'll be ok, wrap in butcher paper at 170, then go till probe tender, sound like it will work?
Sounds like a plan, Stan.
But you may want to wrap a little sooner, when the bark looks the way you want it. You don't want it drying out.

I run them at 275°F or so. If on the pellet grill, I will run at the lowest setting for the first couple hours to get more smoke on them, if time allows, then bump it up to 275°.

I smoked two 3lb'ers last weekend overnight, so I did low and slow, for slicing, as a poor mans brisket. After 10 hours at 180 the bark was set so I wrapped and increased the temp to 275 for another 4 hours and it was probe tender, I think 196 internal. Rested for three hours and was delicious.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky