Chuck Roast Burnt Ends

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Holy smokes Joe....literally. Those just look amazing. About the best looking burnt ends I've EVER seen. Beautiful job and congrats on a worthy ride on the carousel. That meal is a show stopper!!

Robert

Those look fantastic! Think I better jump on the wagon with @Winterrider since I've never made them before either.

Ryan

Thank you Ryan!! They are some good eats for sure.

I'd have them eaten right out of the pan.....Pure magic right there.
Jim

Thanks Jim, I sampled when checking for doneness. I mean you can’t put a smushed up chuck nugget back in the pan, it looks bad!

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
One of the best back on the spinner!! Great job Joe. These things look perfect. I’d eat way to many of them for sure. I agree on cubing ahead too.

Thanks Jeff, I had my fill on them the past two days. I’m sure these don’t hold a candle to your PBBE’s.

Heck yeah, Joe!! Really fantastic!!

Thank you! They tasted almost as good as they looked!

They look good

Thank you Jim!

Holy smokes Joe....literally. Those just look amazing. About the best looking burnt ends I've EVER seen. Beautiful job and congrats on a worthy ride on the carousel. That meal is a show stopper!!

Robert

Thanks Robert, I appreciate it. These were some good chuck nuggets but I don’t want to do real burnt ends a disservice, I’m sure these don’t compare to the real deal but in my neck of the woods, where these aren’t common, the chuck was pretty good!

Looks great. Haven't made burnt ends myself but it is on the to do list. This post really makes me want to do it.

Thanks Brett! They’re a good meal and an easy smoke, no time like now to get em done!

Those are a fine example of little tasty beefy nuggets of heaven. Wicked good job Joe!!!

Point for sure
Chris

Those are a fine example of little tasty beefy nuggets of heaven. Wicked good job Joe!!!

Point for sure
Chris

Thank you Chris! I had a few beers waiting around on them to finish, no pole though!

Simply amazing Joe! That's something I need to try.

Thanks Steve, I think it’s something you would enjoy.

• Haha
Reactions: gmc2003
Another one I didn't see until now .
They look fantastic . Never tried the cube ahead , but makes perfect sense to do it .
Nice work Joe .

Another one I didn't see until now .
They look fantastic . Never tried the cube ahead , but makes perfect sense to do it .
Nice work Joe .

Thank you Rich, I was pretty happy with how cubing ahead came out, I’m gonna stick to this method from now on.

Oh Yeah!!
That all looks Mighty Tasty, from the Den, Joe!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Thank you John! They were smelling pretty good too, I had my eyes peeled for any bears lingering around.

They look like heaven. What size are the cubes? I have some cut braising steak (apparently the UK equivalent of chuck) but think maybe too small, an inch or smaller. Or would inch cubes work.with this?? Why do I read this forum at midnight. Going to be 400lbs in a week.

Reactions: xray
Woo wee those look good!

Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate it.

They look like heaven. What size are the cubes? I have some cut braising steak (apparently the UK equivalent of chuck) but think maybe too small, an inch or smaller. Or would inch cubes work.with this?? Why do I read this forum at midnight. Going to be 400lbs in a week.

Thank you Salt!

One inch cubes would work. The ones I made ranged from 1.5” to 2 inches. These will shrink a bit so you have to take that into account. Also the smaller ones will become tender faster.

A braising steak would work because it doesn’t sound lean and you need some fat content. I wouldn’t want to do this with a brisket flat.

Reactions: Smokensalt
Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate it.

Thank you Salt!

One inch cubes would work. The ones I made ranged from 1.5” to 2 inches. These will shrink a bit so you have to take that into account. Also the smaller ones will become tender faster.

A braising steak would work because it doesn’t sound lean and you need some fat content. I wouldn’t want to do this with a brisket flat.
No, thank you! Homer Simpson drooling here. Will try them tomorrow when the grill is clear. Can't wait :))))))))))

Reactions: xray
OMG those just look amazing. I am getting a new rig tonight and my have to make that as my first smoke in it? I have never smoked any kind of beef, so excited to try.

Joe, those are some of the most beautiful burnt ends I've ever seen. Excellent work.

Stu

Thank you Stu, I appreciate the kind words. We'll have to call these "chuck nuggets!"

OMG those just look amazing. I am getting a new rig tonight and my have to make that as my first smoke in it? I have never smoked any kind of beef, so excited to try.

Sounds like a plan! What kind of smoker are you getting?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky