Chuck Roast Burnt Ends

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Trying them today :))) An hour gone and smelling amazing

Attachments

• 20220507_125428.jpg
    20220507_125428.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 11
Looking good so far, how did they come out for you?
Really, really, really good thanks. Used my goto sauce (ketchup, garlic powder, vinegar, pepper, mustard, brown sugar and treacle) and omg heavenly. I used braising steak, which apparently is your chuck, upper shoulder I think. Was already cut into 1/2" steaks which i cubed up and next time would definitely get thicker. Can't find any more pics though. Sure I took some.

With the availability, or lack of, of packer brisket in the UK I think this will be my main form of smoking, along with pork ofc.

Reactions: xray
I know that I am a little late but I do appreciate you sharing this and I most definitely am going to try this.

Joe,
How long did you brine the cubes with the rub? I'm also considering cubing up a roast first, then brine, then smoke.

Craig

Joe,
How long did you brine the cubes with the rub? I'm also considering cubing up a roast first, then brine, then smoke.

Craig

Hi Craig,

On these cubes, I seasoned and let them sit in the bowl until I got the MB fired up and smoke rolling. I would say 30-45 minutes at the most…but you could absolutely season the night before or the morning of if it’s more convenient.

Thanks. Weather permitting I hope to do a batch tomorrow or Sat.

BTW, that Weimaraner pup in your avatar is very cute. I grew up with one and it was so fun to be with.

Last edited:
Thanks. Weather permitting I hope to do a batch tomorrow or Sat.

BTW, that Weimaraner pup in your avatar is very cute. I grew up with one and it was so fun to be with.

Thanks, they are a short smoke if the weather is crappy and they can finish in the oven once they’re covered in foil. I really like the cubed up first method.

Weims are great dogs, so full of personality and expressions! That’s our Remy, she’s 9 now and the biggest couch potato.
BB598DAB-0465-4E3B-A51C-AC1F83887412.jpeg

Nice looking dogs! Just don't let my dogs see that...ours are not supposed to be on the furniture. But who am I to tell the pup to get out of the wife's chair...she has to lay in the chair to see out the window!

Ryan

Nice looking dogs! Just don't let my dogs see that...ours are not supposed to be on the furniture. But who am I to tell the pup to get out of the wife's chair...she has to lay in the chair to see out the window!

Ryan

Lol, ours have free reign of the house but we keep our furniture covered. When Remy had her tplo surgery, we took apart the bed frame and slept on the mattress on the floor for a few months. When she was cleared to jump, I thought our frame was still too high, so I took a sawzall to the metal legs and shortened it a few inches…much cheaper than buying a whole new frame!:emoji_laughing:

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Im guessing Id burn my fingertips and tongue wayyy before the pan got inside! Great cook!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky