Chuck on my new RF build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pit 4 brains

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 16, 2009
Summerville, SC
Got home today and lit some coals right away. I picked up a quick chuckle, seasoned with KS&P and on she went. I did a couple burn outs and 2 regular temp smokes on her and she seems to do well. I did a rack of ribs and a butt during those test runs. I just can't stand to watch a smoker run with nothing in it..

The butt..

I'm so happy with this rig.

I have a brisket competition in August, I think I'll be ready..

Last edited:
Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
ABORT! ABORT! ABORT!

Holy cow the weather changed in a heartbeat! The thunderstorms rolled out of the mountains and kicked up a huge dust storm.. welcome to the desert!

The wind was going down my stack  and the smoke was coming out of my firebox dampers.

I yanked the chuckie and tossed it in the oven to finish. 

Thunderstorms overhead now.. 

Gotta love the Mexican monsoon..

That's dirt!

Sorry ya had the dirt storm happen, but that hunk of meat looks awesome ! Thumbs Up Nice cook !

Sorry ya had the dirt storm happen, but that hunk of meat looks awesome !
icon14.gif
Nice cook !
Thanks, but that was a pic of the pork butt from a previous smoke. I'm still finishing the chuckie in the oven..  

BTW, nice build ! That smoker looks freakin awesome !
Sorry ya had the dirt storm happen, but that hunk of meat looks awesome ! Thumbs Up Nice cook !

Thanks, but that was a pic of the pork butt from a previous smoke. I'm still finishing the chuckie in the oven..  

I should have been more specific... I seen that was butt ! My bad, been a long week & all ! LOL.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky