Chuck Eye Steaks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sometimes we refer to them as "poor mans ribeye".
As smokinjim said it is part of most chuck steaks or roast. If you pay close attention, you can see it on the lower edge, away from the fat cap )if there is one. If you get desperate, you can carve it out and repurpose the rest of it.

Well I finally found some chuck eyes at Walmart, so they are in the freezer waiting for me to get back up to the mountains.

Will post the result soon I hope. :emoji_sunglasses:

John

If I still lived up there in valley, I'd be heading up to the mountains too, especially for what the NWS is forecasting what the temps are going to be next week.
Mountain air mixed steaks on the grill is going to smell like heaven.

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
30 seconds!!! skid would have it devoured in less then 5.

Chris

A word to the wise:
Just be extra careful with those Chuck-Eye Steaks. They tend to fall apart easily.
Wouldn't want half of one to end up on the ground during a Flip!!

Bear

What chopsaw said... :emoji_laughing:

If it did , I'd eat it anyway . 30 second rule .

Agreed :emoji_ok_hand:

LOL---Depends on if you have a dog or not.
Could be more like "The 2 second rule" depending on how fast the Dog is!!

OOOOPS---I'm being useless again.

Bear

Not useless, pretty funny actually.

30 seconds!!! skid would have it devoured in less then 5.

Chris

Also funny Chris, dogs are great aren't they?

Got the spool (SPA and pool), and the beer, but I am a Jack and coke guy....as in I never drink alone, be it JD or Gentleman on the rocks. :emoji_ok_hand:

But it looks like it got it sorted and will be headed up tomorrow AM.

Ah yes, a pool is almost a requisite for surving the summers up there in the valley. Our spa was a stand alone that we had on the patio. It worked out pretty good in the winter. Plus, with the spa on the patio, it was closer to the bar. :emoji_sunglasses:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky