Chuck Eye Steaks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nothing makes it 30 seconds on our floors either. between us and the dogs it's an all out race!

I cooked my first successful eye of chuck steaks last night. they're on sale for $4.99/lbs at our local Brookshires. WOW. I'm going back for more while they're on sale. Reverse seared to an IT of 130. That steak will compete with a lot of cuts. It was much better than I expected. Tender & tasty.

Nothing makes it 30 seconds on our floors either. between us and the dogs it's an all out race!

I cooked my first successful eye of chuck steaks last night. they're on sale for $4.99/lbs at our local Brookshires. WOW. I'm going back for more while they're on sale. Reverse seared to an IT of 130. That steak will compete with a lot of cuts. It was much better than I expected. Tender & tasty.

Yup---I'd be on Chuck-Eyes @ $4.99 for sure!!!
Right now we have flyers with NY Strip, T-bone, and Porterhouse at $5.77.
I wish they had Chuck-Eyes for $5.77 instead!!

Bear

That is a great price . I haven't seen any here since I cooked those . The one guy that took time to cut them , left that store because it's closing .

I shall await the Report!!

Bear

Thanks texomakid texomakid for popping this back to the top cause I let Bearcarver Bearcarver down on posting the cook. Sorry....

Damn CRS syndrome.....

I have pics but forgot to get the plated ones, gotta blame jack for distracting me. :emoji_astonished:

Just SPOG here
IMG_20190929_172517634.jpg

On the grill for the cook
IMG_20190929_174704738.jpg

Looks like TBS to me...
IMG_20190929_181233479.jpg

They came out nice but not fall apart - must be my neck of the woods as I would definitely go for my fav porterhouse over this still.

John

Reactions: texomakid
Thanks texomakid texomakid for popping this back to the top cause I let Bearcarver Bearcarver down on posting the cook. Sorry....

Damn CRS syndrome.....

I have pics but forgot to get the plated ones, gotta blame jack for distracting me. :emoji_astonished:

Just SPOG here
View attachment 410021
On the grill for the cook
View attachment 410024

Looks like TBS to me...
View attachment 410023

They came out nice but not fall apart - must be my neck of the woods as I would definitely go for my fav porterhouse over this still.

John

Yup---Must be regional, because around here, "Choice" Strips, T-bones, and Porterhouse are very Tough!!
And Chuck-Eyes, when I can find them have been Great.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky