Chuck burnt ends?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lou f

Original poster
Jun 17, 2011
Smith Mountain Lake, VA
Has anyone tried using a chuck roast to make burnt ends? I am just not ready to pay over $100 for a brisket. I was thinking if I cooked a chuck roast the way I cook brisket and then cube it, it might be pretty good.

Has anyone tried using a chuck roast to make burnt ends? I am just not ready to pay over $100 for a brisket. I was thinking if I cooked a chuck roast the way I cook brisket and then cube it, it might be pretty good.
You bet, made them this past weekend...
IMG_1302.JPG

Here's one from Start to Finish, "Step by Step":
Chucky Burnt Ends

Bear

Just watched Jeff's video today also . Looks good and very easy, along with Bear's Step by Step. That's the game plan for the next roast we pull out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky