Christmas came early - 24" Smoke Vault

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

muralboy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 17, 2015
Chicagoland
Hi everyone,

It's been awhile since I've been on the forum. Hope all is doing well

I found myself an earlier Christmas gift on Craigslist - $45, and she's in really great. Natural gas conversion already done. Looking forward to this being a part of my smoking arsenal.

Plan on inaugurating it this weekend smoking some BB ribs. I know several of you all love this smoker. Any suggestions or tips?
- what is the best way to regulate temps?
- From what I have read, chunks work better than chips. What about small split logs?
- Has anyone added weather stripping to the door?

image2.jpeg image1.jpeg

Any help is appreciated

thanks

Muralboy

You’ll love it and $45 bucks is a great price for a well taken care of smoker! I love mine and to be honest I haven’t made a single mod. The simple design makes it easy to use and pretty slim chances of having much go wrong with it. Temps stay pretty stable for me, but it doesn’t get very cold here in SoCal. Chips and chunks both work fine, not sure about logs as they would have to be pretty small to fit on the plate.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky