Chorizo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flatbroke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 16, 2007
I like chorizo and eggs, either plated or in a burrito. Ordered some seasoning from AC Leggs and made a batch out. if you make it add a little more seasoning then called for. it needs it.
75EB7AC1-3541-4DFB-9322-BF067AB2263A.jpeg

went to Mexican market and got a pork leg to grind
97F9BF3F-41AA-4D73-99EF-AE6128DB84EB.jpeg

Ran it through the 10 mm plate then mixed the seasoning
AE95EDB1-4665-4D98-B5F5-76AF5EA36B6A.jpeg

Mixed it up and ran through the 4.5 mm plate
7AB62CCC-0E29-4E20-A0F6-6B0B3190D8E3.jpeg
Let it rest in the fridge for a day or so
D42139A2-29F4-4F0A-9450-ECF2AF5F9D94.jpeg

Then ready for breakfast
C25453D1-E3F3-4BA1-9BA7-85400FC1E640.jpeg

D8BDA970-17E8-484D-9A31-E466815891D5.jpeg

Get in my Belly
D8D0B0AB-A16C-4B32-BFB0-9F302350AF1D.jpeg

Looks good! We do a lot if chorizo here. Iv not used the AC Leggs before. I have used one from butcher packer and its pretty good. We stuff them in hog casings as well for brats. Makes a killer brat topped with some onion cilantro and sour cream. And a squeeze of lime. After seeing yours in going to have to get a pack out for breakfast in the morning. Chorizo and eggs makes for a happy belly in the morning!

yeah, wife cooked that pan up for breakfast today. pretty tasty. Im going to link some next batch

Looks excellent!
Most of the pre-mixes need to be tweaked a bit to suit your taste. Just as most of the recipes on here do too.
But your Chorizo looks fantastic!!
All of this stuff is a work in progress!
Al

Reactions: flatbroke
Boy howdy, I love chorizo and eggs! I used to get that for brekky every time we went hog hunting at the little café in Tres Pinos. Been making sausage over 15 years, never made chorizo. Guess I ned to expand my horizons. RAY

Reactions: flatbroke
Boy howdy, I love chorizo and eggs! I used to get that for brekky every time we went hog hunting at the little café in Tres Pinos. Been making sausage over 15 years, never made chorizo. Guess I ned to expand my horizons. RAY
Not too many people know of Tres Pinos.

Reactions: sawhorseray
it was fine for me and I dont care for salt.

Not too many people know of Tres Pinos.

My partner and I leased a 2200 acre ranch past Laguna Mt. for 15 years, I whacked about 70 wild hogs there and a dozen deer bucks. Used to love dinner at Jardin's when they had the guitar player working, the food was OK. We were right on the Fresno/SanBenito county line, just down a half mile from Conden Peak. It was a grand a year and I had a trailer there and a Jeep that I didn't have to register for six years. There were only three of us that had the right to hunt the property and the combination to the gate, it was our little slice of heaven. I pioneered having AC there during deer season with a window unit and a Honda 1000, I could sit out naked on my little deck and see no one for a week. When it rained the dirt would turn to axle grease and nobody could get in or out, I got stuck for 4-5 days a few times, I was always prepped for it. That being taken away was another huge reason I was willing to leave CA> RAY

yeah the red dirt is bad when wet

It's rare for me to buy packaged sausage seasonings but I read some good reviews about Walton's chorizo mix and tried a 5# bath a few weeks ago. I forgot to add vinegar, but so far we are liking the flavor. Did you add any vinegar? White or red?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky