Chorizo Need Replacement

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just want to understand this, we can promote other companies products, like Johnsonville, but we can't promote our own products?
Apparently. I was upset because I could have made this account as myself and suggested the products we make at my work, but I decided to be transparent and make this account as the business I work for. So I can't suggest any of our products because it would be promoting. I understand they don't want this page to be filled with advertisements, but I have a lot knowledge that comes with working in this business. Just trying to mind my P's and Q's for now I guess.

Reactions: zwiller
Just want to understand this, we can promote other companies products, like Johnsonville, but we can't promote our own products?
Mentioning a company in a post is vastly different from someone who sells their products saying, "Buy them from me".
Apparently. I was upset because I could have made this account as myself and suggested the products we make at my work, but I decided to be transparent and make this account as the business I work for. So I can't suggest any of our products because it would be promoting. I understand they don't want this page to be filled with advertisements, but I have a lot knowledge that comes with working in this business. Just trying to mind my P's and Q's for now I guess.
It's all good, and perhaps I was overly critical, but if every company who sells BBQ stuff were to create an account to hawk their wares in the forum, it would become a giant advertising site rather than a place to teach and learn.

Mentioning a company in a post is vastly different from someone who sells their products saying, "Buy them from me".

It's all good, and perhaps I was overly critical, but if every company who sells BBQ stuff were to create an account to hawk their wares in the forum, it would become a giant advertising site rather than a place to teach and learn.
It's not just you! I hope my comment didn't seem to point the finger at you. While I understand the need to keep this an advertisement free zone, it is hard to suggest help sometimes when the help comes from my place of work, but I am doing my best to stay within my limits and respect the page rules.

Reactions: indaswamp and DougE
Kroger now sells ground Chorizo that is just like the Johnsonville I liked.
Agreed about Kroger's Chorizo
I love johnsonville chorizo but can’t find it anymore. Food lion has a bull 1 lb pack that’s pretty good but I can’t remember the brand.
I liked Johnsonville Chorizo, it was sort of an Americanized recipe, but it worked as an adder to chili and a Mexi-Meatloaf. I rarely buy premade sausage mixes, but Walton's Chorizo kinda sorta reminds me of Johnsonville.

While I understand the need to keep this an advertisement free zone, it is hard to suggest help sometimes when the help comes from my place of work,
Here's a way to look at it . There are members here that are in the same business as you .
They pay to support / sponsor the site , and along with that they can promote their products .
Now think about if you paid to be a sponsor , and someone that was not paying to be a sponsor came along and was advertising and trying to sell their stuff .
Would probably make you wonder why you pay to be a sponsor .

That being said , the answer to every question isn't " we sell that "
The above is the way I understand it anyway , but it makes sense .
I have bought something from everyone that I know sponsors the site . Even if I didn't need it . If you ever decide to be a sponsor , I'll get an order sent your way asap .

Actually Commercial links aren't to be posted unless it's to help answer a question in a thread, or it's the site of a sponsor. A Premier member may have a link in their signature line but can't advertise in other words they can't tell people to click on their link if people see it in their signature line and decide to click on it that's up to the member.
It does seem this rule gets broken quite often by people posting commercial links that aren't trying to answer a question. It's something we look at and try to see why they posted it was it a great deal on something on sale they want to make sure their friends know about or something like that or are they trying to promote a commercial as in advertising for said commercial company. It's a fine line we try to walk we could just enforce the rules exactly as they are written but then lots of members could miss out on a good deal. Yes it gets abused at times and it seems to get so far out of hand at times that we have to reign it in and go exactly as the rules state for awhile then relax it a little until it gets out of hand again. MICHLITCHSPOKANESPICE MICHLITCHSPOKANESPICE I see where you were asking about this to hopefully this helps explain it to everybody again.

pineywoods pineywoods , I just want to be sure I understand, MICHLITCHSPOKANESPICE MICHLITCHSPOKANESPICE can post a link to their site if it is an attempt to answer a question from another user, and it isn't abused. I'm in favor of no commercial adds on threads, the place would be a zoo.

The reason for my post is because people here post many links to Amazon to specific items, mostly for deals, and would like to see smaller business get the same opportunity.

The reason for my post is because people here post many links to Amazon to specific items, mostly for deals
From right above the text entry box one uses to reply to a thread:

"SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases."

I understand what you are saying about supporting the small guy. We have several small businesses who sponsor the forum, and as such, can advertise their products here (as Rich said above).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky