CHILI (BUT NOT CHILI)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice chili Travis! That’s what we always called chili around here. Pretty cool to smoke the beef above the rest of it. I’ll have to try your method.
Thanks xray! Try it out it really adds a different flavor!

Looks delicious Travis. Currently have a pot going myself
Thanks Jake ! We have had a few cool mornings the last few days and chili just hits the spot! Is it starting to cool off down there too?

Thanks Jake ! We have had a few cool mornings the last few days and chili just hits the spot! Is it starting to cool off down there too?
Same here. Last 3 mornings were 50°. Highs low 70s. Normally still pretty hot this time of year. Guess we might actually have a winter this year.

Reactions: Sowsage
Being an Ohio guy I grew up in tomato based chili with kidney beans. I still enjoy tomato based chili that my wife makes but have also learned to really love the chili pepper based style as well. Yours looks great and I love the way you smoke the meat over it.

Rha
Being an Ohio guy I grew up in tomato based chili with kidney beans. I still enjoy tomato based chili that my wife makes but have also learned to really love the chili pepper based style as well. Yours looks great and I love the way you smoke the meat over it.
Thanks Jeff ! Would those black soy beans work in this you think? Might be something to play around with. I order some yesterday when I was making this because I though about all the carbs in this chili. Be nice if I could cut some out!

Rha

Thanks Jeff ! Would those black soy beans work in this you think? Might be something to play around with. I order some yesterday when I was making this because I though about all the carbs in this chili. Be nice if I could cut some out!
Most definitely could be subbed in. You’d not notice a taste difference. They take on the flavor of what they are cooked in. People beg me so much for my baked beans made with them I’m thinking I need to commercialize them lol.

Reactions: Sowsage
I'm a born & bread Hoosier and that is chili in my book. Unfortunately SWMBO has her family chili recipe and would take offence at any attempt by me to try another version. She's touchy that way.

I'm a born & bread Hoosier and that is chili in my book. Unfortunately SWMBO has her family chili recipe and would take offence at any attempt by me to try another version. She's touchy that way.
Yep. I totally understand....chili can be that way. So many interpretations of it!

I'm grinding a choice packer in the morning . Seeing some chili this coming week .
Its that time ...chili season. That was my last 2lb of ground brisket. Need to do another couple to stock up. I would like to find myself a 1/2" plate to grind for chili.

I had 4 no rolls and this choice in the freezer . Thawed the wrong one . Lol . Be some good burgers too . I did about 1 1/2 pounds of a flat in the instant pot for tacos . Cubed it up after cooked in the IP . That would work for chili too . It was really good .

I had 4 no rolls and this choice in the freezer . Thawed the wrong one . Lol . Be some good burgers too . I did about 1 1/2 pounds of a flat in the instant pot for tacos . Cubed it up after cooked in the IP . That would work for chili too . It was really good .
Thats a good idea! I'll keep that in mind. Different texture than ground and I like that in chili.

I dont care what you call it.....Set me up with a big bowl and a hunk of jalapeno cheese cornbread!
Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky