chili attempt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

negolien

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 1, 2020
Sacramento, Calif.
Hey All,

I' am gonna try and Frankenstein me some chili in my crock pot lol.

2 lbs ground
1 poblano
1 jalapeno
1 bell pepper
1 red onion
1 yellow onion
3 cloves garlic
1 can red beans
1 can chili beans
1 can rotel tomatoes and green peppers
1 package McCormick chili seasoning
1 cup beef broth

parboiled the veggies and browned the meat first. only thing I am worried about is not having enough bean to meat ratio /shrug guess we'll see.
chili.jpg

Looks good! Getting to be that time of year for a good bowl of chili! One thing if it is off, you can always add to it.

Ryan

Looks tasty. Just winging it I might think another can or two of rotel would be and perhaps a spoon or two of tomato paste might kick it up a notch.

Last edited:
yeah not bad deff needed another packet of chili mix I have all the stuff though so will just add some tomorrow when I make corn bread muffins. I work nights and been drinkin all days soooo lol :<)
finished chili.jpg

I have tried a lot of different mix's and the Busch's chili magic Texas style is my go to. Always good, can be made less spicy by adding a can of the traditional, for hot dog chili I run it thru the Nija blender, nobody knows it had beans in it lol

These cooler temps, it's been in the 40's here in the mornings the last few days, have me thinking about chili and my wife has already said she wants some. So you know what time it is...

yeah not bad deff needed another packet of chili mix I have all the stuff though so will just add some tomorrow when I make corn bread muffins. I work nights and been drinkin all days soooo lol :<)View attachment 513838
My wife used to work nights... she always got funny looks when she stopped and bought a case of beer on her way home at 6 am! One old guy asked if she had a bad day already! Some just don't understand it.

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: negolien
I have a chili recipe that I usually follow, but a lot of times I don’t have all the ingredients here & am too lazy to go to the store, so we just do substitutions, I think your ingredient list looks perfect, let us know how it turns out. I don’t think you can make a bad batch of chili!
Al

This looks great. We love chili. Just cant do beans in it. I guess that is the Texan in me. Glad y'all enjoyed it though.

Reactions: negolien
Thanks for the replies.... I was a little lazy like I said I had already starting hitting the Canadian whiskey and soda lol . I shoulda diced up the veggies better but they were so soft didn't matter. Woulda liked it a little less soupy but I don't think the beef broth made it any more than it would been anyway. I might smoke the meat next time on the mbgf before adding when i do pork and beans I am gonna smoke the meat first the pork and beans are my next effort. Haven't started the cornj bread yet have started drinking LOL. Guess I should do those now will put up pics when done.

As a side note if anyone wants to throw a pork and beans recipe out there with canned beans. I' am too lazy to soak lol

Last edited:
As a side note if anyone wants to throw a pork and beans recipe out there with canned beans. I' am too lazy to soak lol

Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans are very good...

As are his Ranch Beans...

Plenty of other recipes on here that are really excellent, as well...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky