Chicken Sausage Weekend: Chicken Pepperoni, Chicken Cheese and Parsley, Buffalo Chicken, Pop's Brea

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Chtis that is a nice batch of sausage.Points

Going to have to change your name to King of chicken sausage lol

Richie

Chris - Thanks for sharing.  Inspiring.  From all of us that are newer and want to create our own but continuously take take take from the site.... we say THANK YOU!  

Thanks so much for the truly kind words. I have only been smoking, curing, and making sausage for a few years and this site along with a ton of trial and error has taught me so much! It has also cost me money, a couple of pants sizes, and a lot of time Haha but I love it!

Just read this post in looking at your buffalo chicken sausage, Thx. for the recipe and awesome looking sausages. Point.

Great looking sausages WT............
first.gif

Just a short note and huge thanks for sharing your recipes. After reading them i new I had to try. So got some chicken thighs ,deboned them mixed the spices for cheese and parsley.could not get the cheese so just mixed in handful of shaved asiago. Stuffed and let rest in fridge over night. Yesterday morning preheated the mes put sausage in to dry ,smoked with hickory for 2 hrs.and finished in hot water bath to 165. Had to have one link for my supper and it was fantastic,! It will not last wery long. Will definitely be making a lot more. So thank you again very very much .

Just a short note and huge thanks for sharing your recipes. After reading them i new I had to try. So got some chicken thighs ,deboned them mixed the spices for cheese and parsley.could not get the cheese so just mixed in handful of shaved asiago. Stuffed and let rest in fridge over night. Yesterday morning preheated the mes put sausage in to dry ,smoked with hickory for 2 hrs.and finished in hot water bath to 165. Had to have one link for my supper and it was fantastic,! It will not last wery long. Will definitely be making a lot more. So thank you again very very much .

I'm really glad you enjoyed it! I have made them with Asiago too and they turn out just fine. Just a word of caution... since these sausages are not cured the cooking process should be fairly quick. It sounds like you might have had them in the danger zone a bit too long. The methods you described would be more suitable for sausage with cure in it.

You have a point. I was thinking that 2 hrs. In the smoker and then into the water bath was going to be safe. Just to be safe next time will add cure. Better safe then sorry.

Reactions: ddrian
You have a point. I was thinking that 2 hrs. In the smoker and then into the water bath was going to be safe. Just to be safe next time will add cure. Better safe then sorry.

You probably would be fine if it was only a couple of hours but better safe then sorry. I personally wouldn't add cure because it will change the flavor. If you want some smoke flavor just smoke them at 225 or higher until they reach 165.

Came across this article and had to do a batch to try. Ground 5 lbs. Chicken thighs, split in half and made cheese and parsley and red pepper and basil. Both were good but the cheese and parsley was better. Did not last long at all. So of course had to make more. 5 lbs.pork shoulder, followed the instructions but increased fennel seed to 3 tblsp. and cure. And used assiago cheese. Outstanding simply outstanding. Made half into links smoked with hikory half into patties. Bbq season is just around the corner. Thank you so much for sharing your recipes. From up north in canada.

Came across this article and had to do a batch to try. Ground 5 lbs. Chicken thighs, split in half and made cheese and parsley and red pepper and basil. Both were good but the cheese and parsley was better. Did not last long at all. So of course had to make more. 5 lbs.pork shoulder, followed the instructions but increased fennel seed to 3 tblsp. and cure. And used assiago cheese. Outstanding simply outstanding. Made half into links smoked with hikory half into patties. Bbq season is just around the corner. Thank you so much for sharing your recipes. From up north in canada.

I am so glad you enjoyed it! They look great! I never tried the cheese and parsley cured and smoked. I'll have to put that on my list.

- Chris

Just update . Froze the patties and put the links in fridge to rest yesterday. Today had a link for lunch. The taste is more subtle somehow from the fresh more hammy? It's still good but I much prefer the fresh. The flavors are bright and simply to die for. Am glad i only smoked half my batch. From now i will only do fresh version. As good as it is it might be gone by the weekend. Am looking forward to making more. Damn! I'm addicted!

Thanks so much for the truly kind words. I have only been smoking, curing, and making sausage for a few years and this site along with a ton of trial and error has taught me so much! It has also cost me money, a couple of pants sizes, and a lot of time Haha but I love it!
"only" a couple of years?  I've only been trying for a few months.  

You know more than you think. Just because you don't know everything you want to, doesn't mean you don't know much. Does any passionate cook or chef stop trying new recipes, cuisines and techniques?  

I need to find more people to feed.  There are many recipes I want to try.  My sweetie and I can't possibly eat them all. 

Cure is good idea. POINTS... Great looking sausage! I am a pizza nut myself so that PIZZA rocks my edges! Homemade PEP is a must! 

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky