Chicken Quarters on the Kettle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Buckeye02

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 26, 2020
Ohio
Nice fall day here in Ohio after a long week of rain. Decided to put some chicken quarters on the kettle for dinner tonight. Using original Kingsford briquettes with some cherry wood chunks. Have the chicken all rubbed down with some store bought pitboss sweet heat. Running the kettle @ 300° for the entirety of the cook.

Attachments

• 20211031_142419.jpg
    20211031_142419.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 36
Turned out pretty good. Wish I would've used apple or hickory. Didn't realize I was out of chunks of everything other than cherry. Not a big fan of cherry wood flavor

Attachments

• 20211031_160004.jpg
    20211031_160004.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 32
Turned out pretty good. Wish I would've used apple or hickory. Didn't realize I was out of chunks of everything other than cherry. Not a big fan of cherry wood flavor
Looks good. I’m not a fan of kingsford briquettes, but the cherry wood sounds nice.

good stuff, looks great!
man I have trouble finding those in my area lately, legs yes, thighs yes, attached together, NOPE dang it lol

Those look awesome! Can’t beat the kettle for chicken. Sorry about the chunks, I’ve decided I’m not the biggest cherry fan either! Great work!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky