Chicken Pot Pie Amish Style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Got a leg/thigh sprayed and rubbed. Going to grill it for a small batch of chicken pot pie Amish style.

IMG_6316.JPG

IMG_2394.JPG

Kettle time
IMG_0167.JPG

It is a little cool and breezy 74*

Can’t wait to see the finished pics. Great version of pot pie. There are 3 that I know of:

1. An actual pie crust with the fillings inside and baked like a pie (that’s what we ate growing up).
2. Moved to Central PA and another version, which is pretty much chicken and biscuits.
3. Moved to Harrisburg and learned this version, Amish style which has thick, square cut noodles in it.

Reactions: xray and HalfSmoked
Looking good!

Can’t wait to see the finished pics. Great version of pot pie. There are 3 that I know of:

1. An actual pie crust with the fillings inside and baked like a pie (that’s what we ate growing up).
2. Moved to Central PA and another version, which is pretty much chicken and biscuits.
3. Moved to Harrisburg and learned this version, Amish style which has thick, square cut noodles in it.

Option 3 is what we grew up eating and is what I think of when people say they’re having pot pie.

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Its the only kind my wife made. she brought it off the Amish farm when we lived in Ephrata, Lancaster County :emoji_laughing:

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky