Chicken Italian sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Is there any reason this recipe would not work with turkey, since I have one in the freezer?

When I get back inside I'll post a link to topics thread . I think he did it with Turkey also . Turkey would work for sure . This is a great sausage .

Is there any reason this recipe would not work with turkey, since I have one in the freezer?
Rich I hope you don't mind me queing in,Braz it works well with Turkey or Pork.Using Turkey you do need to use more of the skin for fat content.Turkey also makes an excellent Kielbasi
Richie

Rich I hope you don't mind me queing in,Braz it works well with Turkey or Pork.Using Turkey you do need to use more of the skin for fat content.Turkey also makes an excellent Kielbasi
Richie
Good deal , I was hoping you would see it richie . This recipe needs more attention , it really is that good !

Thanks Chopsaw and Tropics. Now to talk to SWMBO to see if I can reserve some kitchen time this weekend. She thinks it is her space.

Reactions: chopsaw
Got me thinking about something . I used all thigh meat . If you use a whole bird , might need to think about the breast meat being leaner ,,, and how much of it you use .

Got me thinking about something . I used all thigh meat . If you use a whole bird , might need to think about the breast meat being leaner ,,, and how much of it you use .

Rich That is why I said it would need more skin.You could always use some Chicken thighs as a fat.
Richie

Reactions: chopsaw
Like that plate chop, Definite like, looks like I am going to copy that one and try it.
Congrats on the carousel ride.
Been away from here for too long, life seems to keep a person too bust lately.

just my two cents -- Great Recipe! Who woulda thunk of caraway in an Italian sausage? Anyway, I make chicken sausages often, and I will put my cut up chicken thighs back in the freezer to keep very cold and a bit stiff -- I also do use Cranky Buzzard's plate and knife sharpening videos, esp since in am using a $55 Harbor Freight meat grinder. Keeps the wear and tear down! thanks for posting this thread. R

Cranky's videos in three parts =

Enjoy!

Reactions: fullborebbq
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky