Chicken Gnocchi Shroom Soup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
My wife calls it chicken gnocchi, shroom, pot pie?

Will get the recipe from her.

IMG-1654.jpg

IMG-1655.jpg

Sounds really good also! Just the biscuits you get in the tubes?
You can use those or make your own. Just cover the top as best you can and bake Until the biscuits are done. The biscuits are put on after everything is done and cooked. Then bake.

INGREDIENTS

1-1/2 c. shredded chicken breast (1/2 pound pre-cooked)
4 tbsp butter
12 ounces package gnocchi
1 large or 2 small stalks celery, thinly sliced
1 large shallot or small onion, chopped
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
pinch dried thyme
2 c. chicken stock or broth
3 tbsp gluten flour
1 c. milk
1 c. sliced carrots
4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1/2 c. frozen peas
seasoned salt and pepper to taste.

Step 1: Melt the butter in a hot Dutch Oven over medium-high heat. Once the butter has melted, add the carrots, mushrooms, celery, and shallots/onions to the pot. Mix well and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring until the mushrooms have released their liquid and evaporated. To taste, season with seasoning salt and pepper. Continue to cook, stirring often, slightly adjusting the heat down if needed until the vegetables have softened. This takes about 6 to 7 minutes more.

Step 2: To the pot, add the garlic, poultry seasoning, and dried thyme. Saute for about 1 to 2 minutes or until the garlic is aromatic.

Step 3: Over the vegetables sprinkle the flour. Stir well and cook for about 1 minute. Gradually pour in the broth, stirring to avoid the lumps. Now, add the milk and adjust the heat to medium-high. Bring everything to a boil, stirring often.

Step 4: Stir in the gnocchi, then adjust the heat to medium. Simmer for about 5 to 6 minutes until the gnocchi is tender, stirring occasionally. Now, add the chicken and peas. Stir and sprinkle with seasoned salt/pepper if needed.

Step 5: Into bowls, ladle the pot pie and serve with bread or your fav side item.

Boy that looks good. Schrooms are my kryptonite, but the wife loves them and soup. I'd have to go with just chicken gnocchi soup, and add the schrooms after the fact.

Point for sure
Chris

Comfort food for sure! Thanks for the recipe Rick!

Ryan

Another awesome bowl of goodness! Thanks Rick for posting and the recipe… this one is definitely being made!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky