Chicken fried steak.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks good. We used to do cubed venison steaks like that when my boys lived at home. Brings back some good memories.

Looks delicious Steve ! I want to do the same except use cracker crumbs and Crisco shortening . I really want to clog up my remaining arteries . Nothing that another stent won't fix .lol

Finding the tenderized steak has always been a problem but I solved that, bought a Kitchener tenderizer/jerky machine recently. have yet to give it a workout. looks like it would be great for stir fry meats also. Steve have you ever heard of a seasoned flour called Runion? great stuff and works well for CFS and any thing else lol I buy it in a 40lbs box for about a $1 a lbs.

Looks good. We used to do cubed venison steaks like that when my boys lived at home. Brings back some good memories.
Thanks, I've had it like that a few times over the years. Venison is a great way to make this as well.

Looks delicious Steve ! I want to do the same except use cracker crumbs and Crisco shortening . I really want to clog up my remaining arteries . Nothing that another stent won't fix .lol
Thank you! Cracker crumbs eh? Huh, I may have to make this again....soon! Stent! LOL!

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: Looks Perfect
Thank you!

Yum! I love chicken fried steak! I've been making it with some of the game meats I have in the freezer...big like!
Thanks!

Finding the tenderized steak has always been a problem but I solved that, bought a Kitchener tenderizer/jerky machine recently. have yet to give it a workout. looks like it would be great for stir fry meats also. Steve have you ever heard of a seasoned flour called Runion? great stuff and works well for CFS and any thing else lol I buy it in a 40lbs box for about a $1 a lbs.

I've thought about getting the one from LEM's. It is a hand crank job that gets a lot of good reviews.
Though, it isn't beef cube steak I have trouble finding. It is cubed chicken that is hard to find. I love breading and frying that up for either a sandwich or meal with side dishes. Or using it for chicken french yankee style.
And, yet another thing I haven't heard of. Runion. That is one of those things I might have had. And didn't know it. Though I've never bought or used it.

Looks really good Steve! One of my all time favorites, but don't eat it too often. I had it a month or so ago at a local restaurant and it left a lot to be desired.....it was frozen - what garbage.

That is pure comfort food Steve, nice piece of work and a big Like! I'll make CFS for brekky with some eggs every once in a while, work the meat over with the corrugated end of a mallet. RAY

Looks really good Steve! One of my all time favorites, but don't eat it too often. I had it a month or so ago at a local restaurant and it left a lot to be desired.....it was frozen - what garbage.
Thanks Denny! I haven't ordered this at a restaurant in over 30 years. Frozen? Yuck!

That is pure comfort food Steve, nice piece of work and a big Like! I'll make CFS for brekky with some eggs every once in a while, work the meat over with the corrugated end of a mallet. RAY
Thanks! CFS with eggs and fresh biscuits is a great breakfast. Now that I think of it. My statement above isn't true. I did have CFS and eggs at a Cracker Barrel last year. It was very good.

That looks delicious Steve! I’ve never made it before, will have to try it one of these days.

Fantastic looking meal Steve. I've always loved CFS and yours looks to die for. Beautiful breading and perfectly cooked. A true Southern staple and ultimate comfort food!! Great job my friend.

Finding the tenderized steak has always been a problem but I solved that, bought a Kitchener tenderizer/jerky machine recently.

I've thought about getting the one from LEM's. It is a hand crank job that gets a lot of good reviews.

All you really need is a Jaccard. They work great, are easy to use, and are really cheap. They also don't take up much room in the kitchen. I got one a couple years ago for doing corned beef and pastrami but have found it is just a great tool for tenderizing meat for any purpose.

Robert

That looks so good Steve! They call it country fried steak around here. One of my all time favorite meals!

Thank you! I think the chicken fried thing is regional.

Although very similar, there are differences between Chicken Fried Steak and Country Fried Steak. One may be the breading (not positive about that) but one is the gravy. Chicken fried steak is served with a traditional white gravy. Country fried steak is typically served with a brown gravy. This all came up quite a while ago when I posted chicken fried steak fingers and somebody chimed in with the differences between the two. I just don't remember what they all were, only the gravy aspect.

Robert

Fantastic looking meal Steve. I've always loved CFS and yours looks to die for. Beautiful breading and perfectly cooked. A true Southern staple and ultimate comfort food!! Great job my friend.

All you really need is a Jaccard. They work great, are easy to use, and are really cheap. They also don't take up much room in the kitchen. I got one a couple years ago for doing corned beef and pastrami but have found it is just a great tool for tenderizing meat for any purpose.

Robert

Thanks Robert! I have a Jaccard. Just like how much easier the one from LEM would be. I'll think about it.

Although very similar, there are differences between Chicken Fried Steak and Country Fried Steak. One may be the breading (not positive about that) but one is the gravy. Chicken fried steak is served with a traditional white gravy. Country fried steak is typically served with a brown gravy. This all came up quite a while ago when I posted chicken fried steak fingers and somebody chimed in with the differences between the two. I just don't remember what they all were, only the gravy aspect.

Robert
I prefer the white gravy regardless. I think it just goes better.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky