Chicken Fajita's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Been a while since brought the electric flat top out. I still love this thing. Used a package of marinaded chicken fajita thighs and some sweet peppers. Man where these tasty. I cut up one this morning to see if channel cats might like it. Hopefully the Jeep will let me go fishing this morning.

IMG_20230507_162118767_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230507_162943889_HDR.jpg IMG_20230507_162946313_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230507_163052052.jpg IMG_20230507_163245170.jpg
IMG_20230507_163434361.jpg IMG_20230507_163528229_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230507_163531214.jpg

I've used a bunch of stuff as bait for whisker fish but I don't think chicken thighs was one of them.

Geez Brian, that looks delish! I think catfish might like bait that stinks a bit. I know a old friend of mine that would put some rotten chicken in a burlap sack with some rocks to hold it in place and flip his bait near it. I was always more of a trout guy. RAY

Thanks All. No luck on the Catfish but I suck at fishing! Most times don't catch anything. Made Nacho's with the rest.

I've used a bunch of stuff as bait for whisker fish but I don't think chicken thighs was one of them.

Great looking fajitas.

Jim

Looks great

Fantastic looking Brian

( well cats like chicken , so maybe catfish will also ) lol

David

Very nice Brian! Those look tasty!

Hot Damn those look good Brian!

Geez Brian, that looks delish! I think catfish might like bait that stinks a bit. I know a old friend of mine that would put some rotten chicken in a burlap sack with some rocks to hold it in place and flip his bait near it. I was always more of a trout guy. RAY

My go to for channel cats is raw shrimp. I’ve done all the liver and stink baits and for me raw shrimp outperforms them all. Great durability too and can often catch at least a couple on one bait.

Reactions: zwiller
My go to for channel cats is raw shrimp. I’ve done all the liver and stink baits and for me raw shrimp outperforms them all. Great durability too and can often catch at least a couple on one bait.
You also have to know where to fish! I going to have to suck it up and start going out with some guides I guess.

One tiny striper. I really suck at this fishing thing.
It's time on the water, Brian. The more, the better. Trying different tactics and baits in different locations and fishing as often as you can will help tremendously...
I going to have to suck it up and start going out with some guides I guess.
Take it from a charter captain, hiring a guide is absolutely the best way to learn...IF you find one that will truthfully explain what he's doing and why. Some guides are afraid to answer questions and teach for fear that the client, later on, will catch fish that he could be catching. Also, some look at it as they have paid their dues learning the hard way without any help, so why should they help you. I'm not like that at all. I actually had this exact scenario this past weekend and the client was upfront about it, he wanted to pick my brain and try to learn a little bit so he could take his son out and maybe catch some fish on his own. I held nothing back and answered all his questions truthfully. I look at it like this, you can't catch all the fish and neither can I, and if I can help someone be a little better and spread my passion for fishing, then that makes me feel good...

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
It's time on the water, Brian. The more, the better. Trying different tactics and baits in different locations and fishing as often as you can will help tremendously...

Take it from a charter captain, hiring a guide is absolutely the best way to learn...IF you find one that will truthfully explain what he's doing and why. Some guides are afraid to answer questions and teach for fear that the client, later on, will catch fish that he could be catching. Also, some look at it as they have paid their dues learning the hard way without any help, so why should they help you. I'm not like that at all. I actually had this exact scenario this past weekend and the client was upfront about it, he wanted to pick my brain and try to learn a little bit so he could take his son out and maybe catch some fish on his own. I held nothing back and answered all his questions truthfully. I look at it like this, you can't catch all the fish and neither can I, and if I can help someone be a little better and spread my passion for fishing, then that makes me feel good...
There is a guy that will come on your boat and tune your graphs and show how to use to find fish. He is also a bass fisherman and teaches how to target them. Thinking of starting there.

1683664751412.png

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
There is a guy that will come on your boat and tune your graphs and show how to use to find fish. He is also a bass fisherman and teaches how to target them. Thinking of starting there.

View attachment 665135
If you go this route, make a list of questions beforehand and write everything down, then you'll have some notes to refer back to. I had a guy last summer hire me to see what I do and then later he hired me to come on his boat to teach/show him how to set up his boat.

If you were close, I'd help you for free...well maybe for a fajita...:emoji_wink:

If you go this route, make a list of questions beforehand and write everything down, then you'll have some notes to refer back to. I had a guy last summer hire me to see what I do and then later he hired me to come on his boat to teach/show him how to set up his boat.

If you were close, I'd help you for free...well maybe for a fajita...:emoji_wink:
You gave me the push I needed. I sent him a message. If all goes well maybe do crappie and catfish.

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky