Chicken crown what rub to use

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kingchristo

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 12, 2017
I'm smoking a chicken crown tommorow and need a rib to go on it can anyone recommend a good one thanks guys

Are you wet brining or dry brining? If wet then add salt to the following herb based rub;

1 tablespoon dried crushed parsley
2 tablespoons dried crushed sage
1 tablespoon dried crushed rosemary
1 tablespoon dried crushed thyme
1 tablespoon dried crushed oregano
1 tablespoon dried crushed basil
1 tablespoon dried crushed bay leaf
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon sugar

Reactions: motocrash
I have seen and bought hundreds of pounds of chicken breast , skin on whole, boneless whole, skinless halves.. Bone in everything..
Just never heard of anything called chicken crowns .. lol what the? where do they use that term?

I have seen and bought hundreds of pounds of chicken breast , skin on whole, boneless whole, skinless halves.. Bone in everything..
Just never heard of anything called chicken crowns .. lol what the? where do they use that term?
It's more of a European thing.Google it

I believe its taking a boneless chicken, stuffing it as usual, but instead of tying it into a roll shape, you tie it into more of a ball shape. It sort of resembles a crown when all tied up. Real neat presentation.

Boned Stuffed Chicken

But there may be something else with that name, what say you kingchristo?

You are right it is boneless chicken rolled up mine is not stuffed with anything just plain. I have done a wet brine on it. Thanks troutman for the rub I will give that a try and do a write up thanks guys

My dad is a butcher so he did all the hard work so I couldn't say how it is done sorry

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky