Chicago Deep Dish smoked pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hunter rose

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 7, 2015
Plano, TX
I made a Chicago Deep Dish pizza from scratch tonight on my smoker...

20201226_220235.jpg

There are a lot of ingredients, so you need to get this hot. I used the pan tagged here because it has holes in the bottom. I cooked for around 15 minutes at 500 and then stepped down to 400 for another 25 minutes or until crust was brown:

Here is my recipe for the hard part... the crust:

Mix the yeast and warm water first before adding in the other ingredients. Wait for the yeast to do its thing before adding the rest. I put everything in a KitchenAid with a dough hook. I ended up adding more water while mixing as it was too dry. You will have to play with that. You can YouTube about letting the dough rise. This takes an hour or so in a bowl. Then after I spread it in a pan, another 20 minutes to rise again.

¼ oz yeast
1 Cup water warmed to 110 degrees, no more than 115 (necessary to make the yeast work)
3 ½ cups flour
½ cup cornmeal
1 teaspoon flake salt
¼ cup corn oil
1 Tablespoon olive oil

If you use sausage, remove the casing. If you do sauce, you should cook longer. If you want the tomatoes, Uno's style, use whole peeled tomatoes and then chunk them up. Canned is fine, but drain them really well.

You want to layer the ingredients. Crust first, then cheese (I used 50/50 mozzarella and provolone), garlic, sausage, whole peeled tomatoes (or sauce or both).

20201226_203425.jpg 20201226_211709.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky